Subject: Boots of Striding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I decide to use my boots (+2 movement) mid movement?

For example, I play move 4, move 3 spots to a door, reveal stuff and then decide that I want 3 more move (use the boots) instead of 1 leftover move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:

For example, I play move 4, move 3 spots to a door, reveal stuff and then decide that I want 3 more move (use the boots) instead of 1 leftover move.

Yes, as this is still your turn and you may use them as you like and when you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rulebook pg 28 wrote:
Characters can use items at any time, within the constraints of what is written on the item card, including
in the middle of a card ability. However, if an item affects an attack (e.g. adds a bonus, an effect, advantage,
or disadvantage), it has to be used before an attack modifier is drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an ability with my character where I can move up to 6, but I have to stay in a straight line. With Boots of Striding, do those movement points also have to follow that rule? So I could only move up to 8 if I stayed in a straight line for the entire move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Robinson
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
I have an ability with my character where I can move up to 6, but I have to stay in a straight line. With Boots of Striding, do those movement points also have to follow that rule? So I could only move up to 8 if I stayed in a straight line for the entire move?

I'd say yes.
The boots of striding "add +2 Move to a single movement", so in your case it turns the Move 6 into a Move 8, then the qualifier would still apply.

It would be different if the boots said "add Move 2 to a single move action" - but they don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
I have an ability with my character where I can move up to 6, but I have to stay in a straight line.

which class and ability is that? (would probably need a spoiler tag if it isn't one of the starting 6 classes)

nevermind, found it: Cragheart's "Rock Slide".

personally, I find that there are not that many opportunities to move a full 6 hexes (much less 8 hexes) in a perfectly straight line

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert van Bruggen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Von Strubel wrote:
dlikos wrote:

Yes, as this is still your turn and you may use them as you like and when you like.

So your movement does not end when u open a door example 4 move use 2 open door and move 2 away that is possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Schuster
Austria
Innsbruck
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. And a good tactic too, as you will know then what the monsters are going to do before continuing your move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
Trump wrote:
I have an ability with my character where I can move up to 6, but I have to stay in a straight line.

which class and ability is that? (would probably need a spoiler tag if it isn't one of the starting 6 classes)

personally, I find that there are not that many opportunities to move a full 6 hexes (much less 8 hexes) in a perfectly straight line

There aren't but the bottom half isn't the main reason to take that card. I'm loving the top half. Great for setting up obstacles exactly where you want in the battlefield and also dealing a good amount of damage to high-shield enemies, without spending a loss card. With that on top, the move on bottom is just a nice bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:
Trump wrote:

There aren't but the bottom half isn't the main reason to take that card. I'm loving the top half. Great for setting up obstacles exactly where you want in the battlefield and also dealing a good amount of damage to high-shield enemies, without spending a loss card. With that on top, the move on bottom is just a nice bonus.

Was probably my favorite card for the Cragheart. Though I retired him at 208 xp at level 4. Loved his whole theme of manipulating the battlefield with obstacles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made no progress toward retiring my Cragheart and I'm okay with that, because it definitely gets way more fun the higher level it is.

Personal Quest spoiler
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I have to complete two scenarios in the Lingering Swamp, and we haven't even seen a single one unlock yet. I've noticed that one random side scenario is there, but we haven't had that one come up yet from our two random side scenarios drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I've made no progress toward retiring my Cragheart and I'm okay with that, because it definitely gets way more fun the higher level it is.

Personal Quest spoiler
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I have to complete two scenarios in the Lingering Swamp, and we haven't even seen a single one unlock yet. I've noticed that one random side scenario is there, but we haven't had that one come up yet from our two random side scenarios drawn.

That’s our two-mini retirement goal and strange enough our first random scenario was actually in the location you mentioned. I might make a new Crag just because I want to see him get powerful. My wife is actively, to the best of her abilities, avoiding retiring her mindthief and scoundrel because she loves them so much. Even though I told her she could just start a new one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keillor
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started and retired a Brute, then moved onto the Crag. I love chucking the rocks and he's almost max level with a long time to go before retirement. Going to try the solo scenario tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.