Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Early review/impressions from Polygon’s Charlie Hill:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/24/16929336/dark-souls-card-g...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Maybe I'll just stay home and play KDM.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not very difficult to be the best tabletop version, given the other option.

Still, nice to hear something good about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
It's not very difficult to be the best tabletop version, given the other option.

Still, nice to hear something good about it.

I have a blast with the board game (as do many gamers) and the card game looks to utilize a lot of the same icons, art, mechanics, etc. from the board game. I’m looking forward to playing the card game and seeing how it compares personally but I’m also glad to see a positive review out of the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Wily
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently it hits retail March 16th and there’s going to be a live playthrough tomorrow on Twitch.

Source: http://steamforged.com/sfg-news-blog/sfg-live-this-week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Pickrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
i think backers of the board game, who then backed the card game through the board game's pledge manager (if that all makes sense), are supposed to get the game in feburary. It looks like that should be on schedule if their slated release at the time of that information was march/april, and they already have a solidified date for March. Hopefully we're getting it in the coming weeks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Vorster
Taiwan
Zhubei City
flag msg tools
Any news on who's designing this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Beasts of war has a lets play video up.

Id be willing to see more reviews on it first.

The board game was so terrible, in everyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Man vs Meeple did a review too and they like it very much. I like the gameplay too in the reviews.
I preordered it and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Are there some expansions planed? I think this could be very easy. More bosses and you only need more cards for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Wily
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im sure there will be expansions, after all 4 bosses seems a bit short handed imo. Hoping the encounter deck of regular monsters has a lot of variety. Its defo a good change from the board game where encounters are only randomized at the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.