Endure the Stars» Forums » General

Subject: Any of the extra dice worth it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kevin Ecker
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey guys, I was just thinking about adding some of the extra dice to my EtS 1.5 order. As I recall, you will need to frequently reroll the Solomon die multiple times if you have very many players. Do you think it's worth it to get some extra so you can roll them all at once? What about the injury and directional dice? Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have the 1.0 edition and I could use some additional directional dice, but I'll wait for the Primus expansion to become available again (if this happens...) to order some.

As for the Solomon rolls, I understand you can use a standard D12 instead...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin Ecker
United States
California
flag msg tools
Guilhem wrote:
I only have the 1.0 edition and I could use some additional directional dice, but I'll wait for the Primus expansion to become available again (if this happens...) to order some.

As for the Solomon rolls, I understand you can use a standard D12 instead...

Thanks for the reply! Can you tell me more about why you could use extra directional dice? I know those are used to direct enemy movements in certain situations but how would you use more than one st a time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because you're supposed to roll this die for each monster token/group which gets old fast, so having several dice would speed up this process in rolling all of them at once instead of one by one for each token/group.

Nothing essential though, just a simple matter of confort...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin Ecker
United States
California
flag msg tools
Guilhem wrote:
Because you're supposed to roll this die for each monster token/group which gets old fast, so having several dice would speed up this process in rolling all of them at once instead of one by one for each token/group.

Nothing essential though, just a simple matter of confort...

Ah, so if you had several monster groups/tokens scattered across the game board for which you had to roll for direction, you'd just grab a handful of direction dice and drop one next to each monster group and token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More or less: I'd roll as many die as there are monster groups/tokens and would read each die according to their position compared to the position of the groups/tokens on the board, or something like that and if that makes sense to you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin Ecker
United States
California
flag msg tools
Guilhem wrote:
More or less: I'd roll as many die as there are monster groups/tokens and would read each die according to their position compared to the position of the groups/tokens on the board, or something like that and if that makes sense to you...

Sweet, thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.