Gruff» Forums » Rules

Subject: Excess damage and when attacked effects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When you do damage to a Gruff by any means (with an attack or with the effect of a card) and that damage are more than the Fat stat of the Gruff, the excess damage are dealt to the shepherd?
2) If I have a Gruff with a mutation attached that triggers when my Gruff is attacked and my opponent attacks my Gruff with the attached mutation and his mean stat is enough to kill my Gruff, does the effect of my mutation card take place or it is cancelled because my Gruff died?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
1-Yes, that's actually your main mean of dealing damage to the enemy shepherd and winning the game.
2-Which mutation are you talking about, and what does it say? It all depends on what the mutation's trigger condition is. Mutations can trigger upon attack, damage, death, or any other thing you could imagine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) So even an Action card that deals damage to a Gruff can hit a Shepherd if the damage is more than the fat of the Gruff?
2) I am speaking of Grinder's ability " +1 Mean when Grinder is attacked" and Grinder's Mutation card Callus " Mutate Grinder, Each time Grinder is attacked add a counter to Callus. Grinder gets +1 Defence for each counter on Callus".
Also, how does those effects combo with Grinder's Taunt " An attacking enemy Gruff swaps with a gruff on its team, so that it is attacking the active gruff".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1- Ach, no, it's only attack IIRC. Excess damage from an action card is lost, I believe. There are cards that deal damage to shepherds directly, though.
2- Grinder is attacked before damage is dealt, so yes, he will gain +1 mean, +1 counter on callous (thus +1 defense), then maybe die.
He will retain his mean value upon death and resurrection too so it's a totally valide move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the original target of an attack was not Grinder and with the Taunt card the target of the attack is switched to Grinder, will Grinder take the bonus from his when Attacked ability? I am a little confused about page 17 of the Coash of the Battle Goats rulebook about effects that trigger on attack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original target doesn't matter. What matters is the target the attack triggers on.
Tactics, man, they're important Move that gruff around the field!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Critchfield
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to jump in here everything Razoupaf has said in this thread has been correct except that excess damage from abilities will carry over to a Shepherd. If I had a card that dealt 5 Damage to a gruff and that gruff had 1 point of Defense, That gruff's shepherd would take 4 points of Damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forscience wrote:
I need to jump in here everything Razoupaf has said in this thread has been correct except that excess damage from abilities will carry over to a Shepherd. If I had a card that dealt 5 Damage to a gruff and that gruff had 1 point of Defense, That gruff's shepherd would take 4 points of Damage.

Cool, thanks for adding that, I can combo folks to death even harder now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.