Brad R
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the entire collection and am excited to start my journey into the world of TS:A. I have read through all the rule books and watched some playthroughs and have come up with my own house variant for a solo campaign. Here are some general changes from the TS:A rule book.

This is all off the top of my head as I try to think of how I can thread all the games together using the provided scenarios.

1. Follow standard TS:A ToR solo gameplay. Not sure if I will run the 4:4:4 setup or not.

2. When a monster is defeated, you get a respite from the dungeon refreshing for a turn. I see it as the monsters staying clear of the last slaughter and your champions having a chance to go back to town to celebrate their recent victory at the local ale house while recruiting or leveling up.

3. At the end of a game, if won, you can buy one hero for your deck for 3x the XP listed on it's card from the XP you have left. After all, the first time you hired them, it was a rental of sorts. Now you are recruiting them to come on full time! Surplus XP will be added to a pool for final scoring. Surplus XP can be used at the end of each adventure to purchase that scenarios Hero.

4. Your winning score becomes gold! You also accumulate gold through your adventure. Gold can buy one purchased village card for 3x the value after each adventure. The local blacksmith thought you were just borrowing that! Surplus gold will be added to a pool for final scoring. Surplus gold can be used at the end of each adventure to purchase that scenarios village card.

5. Gold and XP will be your final score.

I plan to start with the suggested scenarios in each of the manuals and possibly develop a middle scenario between each as a segue between villages in the order that the games were released.

Has anyone else done a campaign like this? What did you do to level up between adventures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It got rejected in Sessions, b/c this is a "Variant" post :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.