7 Posts

Maximum Apocalypse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Surgeon's Steroid Shot and Adrenaline Shot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Throwin Rocks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In order for me to use the surgeon's steroid shot or adrenaline shot on another player, does that player have to be on the same tile as the surgeon? The cards say "pick a player," but do not specify range.

Thematically, it seems like the other player needs to be on the same tile as the surgeon on order to receive the "shot," but the cards don't specify.

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dhoehler wrote:
In order for me to use the surgeon's steroid shot or adrenaline shot on another player, does that player have to be on the same tile as the surgeon? The cards say "pick a player," but do not specify range.

Thematically, it seems like the other player needs to be on the same tile as the surgeon on order to receive the "shot," but the cards don't specify.

Thanks for any help.

I’m not home at the moment. Can you post an image of the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dhoehler wrote:

Thanks for any help.

Other cards in the game are very careful about listing a range. If it doesn't state a range, then there is no limitation on distance.

You can use these cards to affect any characters in the game, regardless of location.

CARD TEXT:

Adrenaline Shot (Instant Action): "Pick a player, that player may take 2 actions right now."

Steroid Shot (Instant Action): "Pick a player, that player may play 2 cards right now."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throwin Rocks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
That seems a-thematic. Were the Shots meant to have Short Range on them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The shots do not have range. It was intentional and a necessary game balance.

As far as theme goes, I always just think of it as the surgeon hands out some shots to her teammates at the start and they use them when necessary. Turns themselves are not thematic since people can move simultaneously in real life but it is a game after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
ok, a shot is small enough to be delivered by drone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.