PitchCar» Forums » Variants

Subject: Hit Points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ashley Grenon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on a Variant forum. I want to share a PitchCar rule variant my coworkers came up with. I originally wrote about it on my board game blog, Cardboard Bits.

Hit Points Rule Variant:

Each player has a number of hit points (or game lives). A player loses a hit point when the player’s car lands off the track as a result of their flick. The player is eliminated from the game once he or she loses their final hit point.

The number of hit points for a race is determined by a simple formula: 3 hit points + the number of jumps on the track.

Introducing player elimination has been well received with the group I play with. It adds a nice degree of pressure and seriousness to each flick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
It would cause players to be more conservative once they have had a few wipeouts. I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Grenon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcszarka wrote:
It would cause players to be more conservative once they have had a few wipeouts. I like it.

Yup, that's how most players react once they're down to the final hit point, unless they're also falling behind in the race. In that case they're more likely to take a "go big or go home" approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hurt
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this idea. Most of my group, myself included take the go big or go home approach. Great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.