Subject: Finally Get To Play the Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in November I received my copy of Guards of Atlantis and the expansion. I opened the box to take a look at every thing and was disappointed to find my sealed box was missing some components. <sigh>

So I contacted Wolff Designa and told them what happened. They promptly sent me replacements that just now finally arrived! I curse you Canada Post for your slow processing and even slower customs handling. There was that minor thing called Christmas as well stuck in the middle.

In the end Wolff Designa's customer service was great. I just wish I hadn't lost 2 months of time due to snail mail issues. Oh well, onwards with the game!

Now that I have the cards, I went and punched out the tokens and bagged up each group of character cards (that I now had) and then realized something when I unwrapped the stack of player mats... I only have 10 player mats (and one white sheet the exact size as the other player mats). I think I am supposed to have 11 player mats. Can anyone confirm this?

Oh no.... This is not looking good... (and yes, I did buy the expansion for the extra two characters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
11 mats because of the ape-men.

Honestly, unless you are expecting to play with 11 people you don't need to wait to get another mat. And if you do, you can just print out the last mat u need and use that in the mean time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
There are supposed to be 10 mats. Please note that there is a component list on the back side of the box (when playing with 11 players, the apemen are playing their cards on the same player mat). There are no mats included with the expansion.

So hopefully you now have everything that you need to play. I’m sorry about this hiccup with the cards.
Don’t forget to share your experience after playing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update Arty. I will check the bottom of the box for the component list. It is one of those things you never look at as once the box is open, I never typically flip it over to look at the bottom.

I just had a scare that I was again short 1 item to play a 11 player game (which may or may not happen some time in the future). It will be be a 4 player game for the first time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.