Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've seen play throughs of this objective and it seems like they flip the token at the end of the action portion of the turn. But reading the objective card it says "When a player enters a room with a Stranded token, flip it and resolve it..."

So, if I move into a room with a zombie does this trigger before you fight any potential Zombies in the room? If it is the booby trapped token you place a Zombie there and become overrun. Does that mean you instantly place the zombie into the next available room then fight the Zombie in the room?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use Room's Ability takes place after Kill A Zombie, which is compulsory if there is a zombie in the room. Objective Tokens are listed very clearly as part of the Use Room's Ability step which means not only can you not flip that token over with a zombie in the room, you can't even flip it over with a zombie in the store..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, but why does it explicitly say it happens when you enter the room? You A. enter the room, then B. fight zombies, then (if the store is empty) C. activate the room/tokens. If you are supposed to flip this token when you enter the room, that happens during step A, before B or C.

The helicopter part quest specifically says you have to end your turn on that room to pick it up. (Then in the next line it says you can pick it up or drop it at any time)

The call the CDC mission specifically triggers on card pickup which is explicitly during step D. It also evidently had room for reminder text that the store must be vacant of zombies for this to happen as well. That's a rule for picking up items in general so I guess that's for emphasis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree the wording could be better but I don't think we're looking at the final draft. There's going to be points of confusion.

The playthroughs match the rulebook on this however, so I think the intent is clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Lima
Brazil
flag msg tools
For me you don't need to spend an action to flip the stranded person token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.