Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: promo cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Buchold
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
i know that you can download and print up some of the white box content.
is there somewhere that you can get the rest of it, such as fade and percival?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you can't download anything through official channels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The Kingdom Death web shop sells the promos, but with variable availability. They restock roughly once a month. There are a few sales during the year. The US warehouse is out of all the promos at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
KDM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can't download anything through official channels.

You can download the Scenarios Beta PDF that has gameplay cards for some of the promos - http://www.kingdomdeath.com/wp/downloads/

However, actual cards from White Boxes like Percival are not available in there, and can not be downloaded anywhere legally.

As for the original request, Adam has announced a "promo card pack" you will be able to buy at some point, that will have the gameplay relevant cards from promos and white boxes, although no release date has been given yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hyos wrote:
As for the original request, Adam has announced a "promo card pack" you will be able to buy at some point, that will have the gameplay relevant cards from promos and white boxes, although no release date has been given yet.

Too bad this has taken a backseat with all the KDM 1.5 stuff in development. I am really looking forward to see some official gameplay use for the range of promo characters (which would make a lot more people interested in obtaining promo miniatures from the KDM shop also.) That being said, I expect to see mechanics appear in the wanderer aspect of KDM to have several (if not all) promo characters implemented into new and ongoing campaigns. Perhaps upcoming advanced KDM rules will shed a light on this matter as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
That card pack is actually an elusive concept, because I can't find its exact content being announced anywhere in a near-official state, but all I see is just Adam promising that "we will make a card pack to match these changes" and all KS/Twitter/BGG/Reddit users interpreting that as currently convenient.

It has been said that:
- the card pack would contain whitebox stuff
- the card pack would contain special scenario stuff
- the card pack would contain updates to expansion errata'd/fixed cards
- the card pack would contain stickers from whitebox stuff
- the card pack would contain updates to manuals (!) for expansions
- the card pack would contain new content for existing expansions to match 1.5 updated stuff/progression.

I honestly don't know how all of this can be true at once, who would buy such a crazy mess (except someone who already has everything and wants it updated), and how many copies of such a sparse update would need to be printed to match a demand which can't be quantified.

PDFs of all cards to print by yourself would fix, but would not be viable (you would get A LOT of cards proxied this way, since there are lots of erratas to do, and Adam would give away for free download a big chunk of many expansions).

Selling only erratas to people interested through a KS pledge update would be great, but it seems like we are too late for that, apart the fact that it's likely that only lonely tree has been errata'd (if it has been errata'd at all in the end).

A print-on-demand solution is probably the best option, but I cower when I think about shipping outside US, since the chosen service would likely be a US-based one.

So, well, please take into account that this legendary "card pack" is not a lot more than a pitch without a pledge right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
amyotheramy wrote:
The Kingdom Death web shop sells the promos, but with variable availability. They restock roughly once a month. There are a few sales during the year. The US warehouse is out of all the promos at the moment.

Not from the EU Warehouse though, and that makes shipping hard for anything except dice sets (just received my holiday one!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
KDM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:

- the card pack would contain whitebox stuff

That is how I understand it, plus the promo items like the GenCon exclusive Lantern Gear cards and and maybe the WhiteBox stickers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is, I can't find any reference to Adam (or any campaign curator, if any) writing that. Mind me, this doesn't mean he never announced exactly this, it's just that I can't find it.

Let's say that I will throw some to anyone pointing to an official announcement of a kind-of-accurate content of this card pack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
amyotheramy wrote:

Not from the EU Warehouse though, and that makes shipping hard for anything except dice sets (just received my holiday one!)

That's not entirely true. I bought Beyond The Wall, Before The Wall, White Speaker, Pinup Warrior of The Sun and Allison The Twilight Knight from the EU warehouse in the last Black Friday sale. It's mostly the new(er) promos that sadly won't end up in the EU warehouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Beyond the Wall and the White Speaker were available from the EU warehouse when I looked last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hyos wrote:
You can download the Scenarios Beta PDF that has gameplay cards for some of the promos - http://www.kingdomdeath.com/wp/downloads/
I guess I should have said "anything legal, current, or otherwise packaged with promo models"?

And yeah, the card pack is something that's a bit of a sticking point, because of the nebulous promises made about it, and that it's something fixing what was supposed to be provided for free, what, 4.5 years ago?

I don't know how they could possibly implement it where it isn't just a free-for-all of extra rules that people without the models will be grabbing up, too, or torpedoing their sales of the packs they haven't released yet.

My guess is that, at this point, they'll release them after basically everything from the 1.5 KS is in the wild, but that'll still be irritating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buchold
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
amyotheramy wrote:
Beyond the Wall and the White Speaker were available from the EU warehouse when I looked last night.

anyone ever order anything outside of there area from the kd shop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
godhelpme89 wrote:
amyotheramy wrote:

anyone ever order anything outside of there area from the kd shop?

1 You die.
2-3 Your order causes confusion and gets held up. Forever.
4-6 Your order is summarily canceled.
7-9 Your order is shipped after a long delay and additional shipping charges.
10+ Your order is shipped quickly and without incident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
And if you don't like rolling on that table, there's really no reason to. Just wait and they will restock. Completionist tendencies are expensive enough with KD:M. No reason to throw fear of missing out in on top of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.