Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of the game was missing all of the starter cards. Anyone else experience this? What should I do to get them replaced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb O
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I didn’t, but I’d start by messaging the creator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IndieBoards is asking how many and which starter cards I need. Anyone know how many different starter cards there are and how many I need of each one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok... I’m getting a little annoyed with IndieBoardsCards now. I researched what I’m missing any told ‘Tricia’, and half jokingly asked if maybe I could get some promos for my trouble. She responded:

I've forwarded the request to our replacement parts fulfillment person. Please allow a few weeks for delivery.

Kind regards,
Tricia

Soo... I get that things happen, but... no apology, no offer to offset the trouble, basically no empathy at all. And now I have the privilege of waiting 3 weeks for a game I spent $80 for at my local FLGS. I mean, she didn’t even respond to my promo request.

Again... things happen... but maybe just act human.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My response:

That’s all well and fine, but no apology, no ‘sorry for the trouble’, no ‘I’ll see what I can do to expedite this’, no ‘we’ll send some promos’. You didn’t even acknowledge my half joking request for promos in the previous email, just hard cold facts.

I know things happen, but a little empathy goes a long way.

Her response back:
While it may have been a joking request, you are not the only one who asks jokingly for promos. Unfortunately, I don't have any, nor do I have the authority to hand them out, as they were Kickstarter exclusive.
The replacement parts person sends out parts in the order he receives the requests.

Ok, wow... I’m clearly not going to get anywhere talking to her. It’s not the end of the world, but I’m just a little put off by her non-apologetic these-are-the-facts attitude. Pretty sub-par customer service if you ask me. Just starting the entire conversation with a ‘sorry for your inconvenience’ would have helped a ton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AYFKM?

She is getting you exactly what you requested: the missing cards.

Because she didn't shoot rainbows and unicorns out her ass you're trying to blast her?

Grow up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laserjudas wrote:
AYFKM?

Because she didn't shoot rainbows and unicorns out her ass you're trying to blast her?

Grow up.

I was half expecting a response like this. whistle Look, here’s the deal... I’ve worked in customer services, and in those days if I had a manager who heard me talking to a customer this way, he’d definitely have a discussion with me about trying to calm the customer down. I said twice, it’s not a big deal, but she could’ve handled it better.

And no, she didn’t give me what I wanted. I wanted a game that I paid good money for to be playable, presumably sooner than 3 weeks. Things happen, but Jesus Christ!

But thanks for your input. I’ll work on growing up just to please you... oh wait, I just remembered. I AM grown up and I’m not particularly concerned with the opinions of some jerk on the internet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
What, perhaps you’d prefer she personally deliver the cards to you with a cake after flying to your address in a chartered jet?

Get over yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
laserjudas wrote:
AYFKM?

Grow up.

I was half expecting a response like this. whistle Look, here’s the deal... I’ve worked in customer services, and in those days if I had a manager who heard me talking to a customer this way, he’d definitely have a discussion with me about trying to calm the customer down. I said twice, it’s not a big deal, but she could’ve handled it better.

And no, she didn’t give me what I wanted. I wanted a game that I paid good money for to be playable, presumably sooner than 3 weeks. Things happen, but Jesus Christ!

But thanks for your input. I’ll work on growing up just to please you... oh wait, I just remembered. I AM grown up and I’m not particularly concerned with the opinions of some jerk on the internet.

You can't hear, but if you listen very closely, you might hear the dulcet tones of the world's tiniest violin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KPDooley wrote:
What, perhaps you’d prefer she personally deliver the cards to you with a cake after flying to your address in a chartered jet?

Get over yourself.

Whew! Tough crowd!

Apologies to everyone. I did in fact get a solution to my problem. It’s unfortunate that I gotta wait 3 weeks for something that should’ve been there to begin with, but I WILL live.

I’ve stated several times that this wasn’t a huge deal, but I felt it could’ve been handled better. That’s all. But feel free to continue the dog pile. I’m a big boy, and I can take it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek and Melissa Games
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ugh people like you are what makes dealing with customer service so ridiculously overwrought.

I don't want wasteful niceties. I DEFINITELY don't want apologies, explanations, or reasons.

I just want to say 'I need this.'

And I want to hear back 'It's on its way.'

And that is all I want to hear. Stop fucking with the efficiency of these interactions. Every second extra I have to spend reading an apology, or an explanation, or any other general groveling that gives me zero tangible outcome, is a second I could have spent on something actually productive.

Because God help me the day I have such a pathetic excuse for a life that I care about the superfluous niceties of customer service reps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
You forgot the not-really-joking request for free stuff.

That was the kicker for me.

Because that’s really why you posted here.

You asked for something for free.

You were told no.

You didn’t like being told no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DerekAndMelissa wrote:
Ugh people like you are what makes dealing with customer service so ridiculously overwrought.

I don't want wasteful niceties. I DEFINITELY don't want apologies, explanations, or reasons.

I just want to say 'I need this.'

And I want to hear back 'It's on its way.'

And that is all I want to hear. Stop fucking with the efficiency of these interactions. Every second extra I have to spend reading an apology, or an explanation, or any other general groveling that gives me zero tangible outcome, is a second I could have spent on something actually productive.

Because God help me the day I have such a pathetic excuse for a life that I care about the superfluous niceties of customer service reps.

Noted. And welcome to bgg, glad I could be the target of your 2nd ever post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KPDooley wrote:

You were told no.

That wasn’t it at all, but cool story bro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont say that you lie to them but look an example

Imagine all the people who buy this game ,say that it was missing some cards so they can ask promo cards as a bonus for the problem.
How can the company confirm this????
they cant ,but they try to solve the problem of the missings parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kounabi22 wrote:

Imagine all the people who buy this game ,say that it was missing some cards so they can ask promo cards as a bonus for the problem.

I hear what you are saying, but the decision on how to handle this is the difference between good and bad customer service. A company that says “Screenshot or it didn’t happen”, which I’ve never heard of anyone actually doing, would be decidedly bad customer service. Apologizing and expediting the missing items would be extremely good customer service. I gotta wait three weeks, but I’m getting taken care of. It’s fine, but not stellar. Apparently there are some folks in here that just want me to get over it. I’m over it!

If bringing something like this up on here just to vent for a moment makes me pathetic, how pathetic is it to rant on a thread where someone is complaining? New level of pathetic, if we’re going by those rules. Or how about being unable to make a point without name calling and just generally being an ass? Super pathetic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
KPDooley wrote:

You were told no.

That wasn’t it at all, but cool story bro.

If you say so, pumpkin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
kounabi22 wrote:

I hear what you are saying, but the decision on how to handle this is the difference between good and bad customer service. A company that says “Screenshot or it didn’t happen”, which I’ve never heard of anyone actually doing, would be decidedly bad customer service. Apologizing and expediting the missing items would be extremely good customer service. I gotta wait three weeks, but I’m getting taken care of. It’s fine, but not stellar. Apparently there are some folks in here that just want me to get over it. I’m over it!

If bringing something like this up on here just to vent for a moment makes me pathetic, how pathetic is it to rant on a thread where someone is complaining? New level of pathetic, if we’re going by those rules. Or how about being unable to make a point without name calling and just generally being an ass? Super pathetic...

Don’t get it twisted; your over-entitled whining is the most pathetic thing on the thread. Don’t you worry.

You can try and shift the blame all you want, you brought the criticism on yourself.

I mean, I’d say I’m sorry you didn’t get the sympathy you were so clearly looking for with the post, but I’m not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to my ignore list, KPDooley. Seriously dude, I don’t know WHAT your problem is. I’ve stated numerous times that it’s not a huge issue, just a minor vent. You’re the one blowing this WAY out of proportion. Your personal attacks are just icing on the cake. Feel free to continue being an angry little man, I couldn’t care less. You obviously have nothing of value to offer, so you’re comments will be entirely ignored by me from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
Welcome to my ignore list, KPDooley. Seriously dude, I don’t know WHAT your problem is. I’ve stated numerous times that it’s not a huge issue, just a minor vent. You’re the one blowing this WAY out of proportion. Your personal attacks are just icing on the cake. Feel free to continue being an angry little man, I couldn’t care less. You obviously have nothing of value to offer, so you’re comments will be entirely ignored by me from now on.

Which one of us publicly called out an employer for doing her job and not giving you free stuff?

Wasn’t me.

If it really isn’t a huge deal to you, you wouldn’t have posted it and called out a specific employee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My KS set was missing a few pieces, which I flagged to Indie games ... the pieces were with me within a week, and that involved shipping across the Atlantic to the UK. No complaints here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.