Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Tikal» Forums » General

Subject: Is it final that the Super Meeple edition will not come out in English? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Rush
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I assume, but I've come to this discussion late and just want to make sure before I order a different version.

Is there any game-play difference between the old Rio Grande version and the Super Meeple version, or is it only components/aesthetics/etc.?

Thanks,
Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tikal Comparison (Super Meeple vs. Rio Grande)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick D
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy the french version and print the fan made english version of the rulebook. All the cards and tokens are symbols only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gómez
Spain
Alcalá de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
Aquí irá una frase ingeniosa
badge
No me toques los meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is language independent. Just buy whatever edition you like the most. Non-native English speakers buy games in languages which are not they´re native language all the time, really . Just print an English rulebook or, better, read the English rulebook in a digital device. You know, save paper.

I have the Rio Grande edition and it´s perfectly fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Welch
Australia
Flagstaff Hill
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A nice person has even translated the super meeple version of the rules and made it available: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/156246/non-official-engli...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.