Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.renegadegamestudios.com/news/2018/1/24/clank-the-...

Quote:
Renegade Game Studios and Dire Wolf Digital are proud to announce that Clank! A Deck-Building Adventure fans will soon have a new expansion to add to their collection! Clank! The Mummy’s Curse, releasing in March, explores a new pyramid themed board with new monsters and challenges to face in the tombs.

Untold riches await you inside the pyramids of the Ancients – but they are well protected. An undying Mummy guardian spreads a vile curse to those who would rob its tomb. And, inevitably, the treasure has attracted a dragon. Can you escape the fearsome Croxobek?

Clank! A Deck-Building Adventure has been extremely successful since its premiere at Gen Con in 2016. Designed by and co-published with Dire Wolf Digital, Clank! expanded in March 2017 with Clank! Sunken Treasures. Now Clank! The Mummy’s Curse further expands the fun, adding a wandering mummy to avoid, and new artifacts to acquire in the depths of the pyramid!

“With incredible success of the whole Clank! line, we know that fans are anxious for even more adventure,” states Scott Gaeta, President of Renegade Game Studios. “The Mummy’s Curse ramps up the suspense as players try to avoid being cursed by the wandering monster. We can’t wait to share this with Clank! fans everywhere!”

“Clank! was Dire Wolf's first foray into the world of tabletop games, and it's been an amazing adventure,” says Scott Martins, President of Dire Wolf Digital. “We've robbed a dragon's lair, dived deep underwater to recover shipwrecked riches, and even plundered an alien starship. Not a bad first year! Now, with The Mummy's Curse, we're embarking on a new adventure full of ancient treasures, deadly curses, and fearsome guardians. It's a lot of fun, and we can't wait to get it in front of players.”

Clank! The Mummy’s Curse will be available this Spring at friendly local game stores everywhere. This expansion to Clank! A Deck-Building Adventure is ideal for 2-4 adventurers that are at least 12 years old. We expect that it will take most treasure hunters about 30-60 minutes to escape, if they are quick, quiet, and lucky.

Contents include:

· 1 Double-sided Game Board

· 40 Dungeon Deck cards

· 2 Ankh tokens

· 1 Dragon Marker

· 1 Mummy Card

· 1 Pyramid Die

· 1 Mummy Marker

· 2 Major Secrets

· 2 Minor Secrets

· 1 Supreme Monkey Idol

· 1 Market Board

· 24 Curse Tokens

· 1 Rules Sheet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Dolloff
msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome! Now where is the next Clank in space expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Denga wrote:

If I had to guess based on their past release schedule I'd say Gencon. Maybe it'll be desert planet themed with dune worms chasing your around

It's interesting. There are no clank symbols on the board but there's a new symbol I've never seen before. Wonder if it's related to the mummy. After this I feel like they can basically do anything with theme; haunted house, ancient china, mayan/aztec jungle, into the sky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YYYYAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
Denga wrote:

If I had to guess based on their past release schedule I'd say Gencon. Maybe it'll be desert planet themed with dune worms chasing your around

It's interesting. There are no clank symbols on the board but there's a new symbol I've never seen before. Wonder if it's related to the mummy. After this I feel like they can basically do anything with theme; haunted house, ancient china, mayan/aztec jungle, into the sky.

And there are three clearly defined areas with a different symbol each, I'd guess some cards only can be used depending on the symbol where you are. Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil M.
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this expansion address any of the base game problems? Seems like just more of the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mazmaz wrote:

And there are three clearly defined areas with a different symbol each, I'd guess some cards only can be used depending on the symbol where you are. Interesting.

Could be. The symbols might also be part of how the mummy moves. The component list mentions a pyramid die and if it's shaped like a pyramid then there are 4 sides, same as the number of symboled areas on the board. The symbols are even pictured inside of a triangle. So you probably roll the die at certain points to either teleport the mummy or get him moving towards the symbol that was just rolled. Maybe the new symbols we see between spaces are a picture of the pyramid die and depending how many pyramid icons you cross over that's how far the mummy moves. At least that's my theory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmd2000 wrote:
Does this expansion address any of the base game problems? Seems like just more of the same.

What problems do you have with the base game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil M.
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
kmd2000 wrote:

No map variability, no card combos, dumbed down deckbuilding / no deck control, no interaction, poor decision-making.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmd2000 wrote:
Jjdelanoche wrote:
kmd2000 wrote:

No map variability, no card combos, dumbed down deckbuilding / no deck control, no interaction, poor decision-making.

Ok well I disagree with all of those points, apart from the 1st. Except that isn't even a problem, plenty of other sources of variability. But you clearly don't like the base game, I doubt this will change it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil M.
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
kmd2000 wrote:
Jjdelanoche wrote:
kmd2000 wrote:

Ok well I disagree with all of those points, apart from the 1st. Except that isn't even a problem, plenty of other sources of variability. But you clearly don't like the base game, I doubt this will change it.

Yes, exactly. I really think the game has potential, but in it's current form it feels more like a party game, and is simply not for me.
I had big hopes for this expansios and I'm very dissapointed to realise I'm probably going to sell my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmd2000 wrote:
Jjdelanoche wrote:
kmd2000 wrote:

Seems that the first expansions "fixed" the base game for you then:

No map variability? 4 maps with different secret bonus tokens placement every game (and different cards to buy/defeat) seem enough variability.
no card combos? There are plenty of them: companions bonuses, cards that make you discard and cards that give some bonus when discarded...
no deck control? cards that let you discard and draw are a sort of deck control. There can't be much trashing or else nobody wouldnt make clank ever.
no interaction? it's a race, what did you expect? some PVP combat in the crystal caves?
poor decision-making? ok this doesnt even make any sense laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
. And, inevitably, the treasure has attracted a dragon. Can you escape the fearsome Croxobek?

Croxobek? Love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil M.
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have few fair points, and few not so fair.

Quote:
No map variability? 4 maps with different secret bonus tokens placement every game (and different cards to buy/defeat) seem enough variability.

Easy side of the maps are unplayably boring, even for first-time players in my group. So it's one, maybe two with expansion.

Quote:
no card combos? There are plenty of them: companions bonuses, cards that make you discard and cards that give some bonus when discarded...

There are some, but they are mostly accidental and the game doesn't exactly allow you to build your deck towards anything in particular.

Quote:

o deck control? cards that let you discard and draw are a sort of deck control. There can't be much trashing or else nobody wouldnt make clank ever.

By deck control I meant for example the ability to trash non-clank cards. You can perhaps trash 2 per game if you're lucky.

Right now it's not a deckbuilder to me, it's a card collecting game.

Quote:
no interaction? it's a race, what did you expect? some PVP combat in the crystal caves?

You are right. The game is called "Clank! A deck-building adventure", yet it neither a deckbuiler or an adventure game.
And in real races, it's skill that makes the winner. So it's not much of a race either. Unless you count snail racing.

By interaction I mean being able to control the game state of other players. Especialy since it's such a simple game you should be able to play other players more, not just the game itself.

Quote:
poor decision-making? ok this doesnt even make any sense laugh

What a great point. Can't argue with that.

Anyway, there's little use arguing - tt sadly won't change the game for the better, and everything else is just opinion.
thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T W
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
kmd2000 wrote:
Jjdelanoche wrote:
kmd2000 wrote:
Jjdelanoche wrote:
kmd2000 wrote:

Yes, exactly. I really think the game has potential, but in it's current form it feels more like a party game, and is simply not for me.
I had big hopes for this expansios and I'm very dissapointed to realise I'm probably going to sell my copy.

Dude! You must try clank in space. Maybe you could find someone to trade you for Clank!. It's got a few of the things you said you were missing.
I'm exciting to see more details about this expansion though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Mcgee
msg tools
Kamil, it basically sounds as though you're looking for something a bit heftier than Clank. It's designed to be a light, family friendly deck building game which focuses upon the push your luck elements in conjunction with a bit of light deck building.

Shame that it's not for you, but there's plenty of other deck builders out there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil M.
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strafe Mcgee wrote:
Kamil, it basically sounds as though you're looking for something a bit heftier than Clank. It's designed to be a light, family friendly deck building game which focuses upon the push your luck elements in conjunction with a bit of light deck building.

Shame that it's not for you, but there's plenty of other deck builders out there

I'm afraid thats exactly right I might wait and see if the expansion for C:in space brings something interesting to the table too, but this particular iteration is getting traded.

trentrentrent wrote:
Dude! You must try clank in space.

I will make sure to check it out - the board seems like a mess, but perhaps it's not that awful in person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I was a bit worried that Clank in Space meant that they were no longer going to add content for Clank (Clank in Space looks cool too, but I already have the other expansion and I just don't have the room/time for multiple Clank games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
Cool. I was a bit worried that Clank in Space meant that they were no longer going to add content for Clank (Clank in Space looks cool too, but I already have the other expansion and I just don't have the room/time for multiple Clank games).

I don't really care for In Space at all. You aren't missing much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
I have Clank, the expansion and Clank in space and have played them more times than any other game. An extra expansion is awesome! Having said that I find Clank in Space far better than the original so hope they come out with an expansion for that soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stealing an artifact right before your opponent, worrying about a dragon attacking you, risking staying in the dungeon to grab a second artifact, all of a sudden racing for the exit, getting 6 boots while you have a teleport card, trashing your stumble card early in the game, CLANK is a BLAST for our group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmd2000 wrote:
You have few fair points, and few not so fair.

Easy side of the maps are unplayably boring, even for first-time players in my group. So it's one, maybe two with expansion.

I think this probably means you are playing the game, rather than the players. This is a game of timing. Easy side makes it easy to get in and out really quickly? OK, run in, grab the 5 and surprise everyone. You aren't playing against the game, you're playing against the players. If you think it's "too easy" then I presume you're winning every game. But that also makes no sense, because you say everyone finds it too easy. But someone must be losing. Someone isn't finding it so easy...

kmd2000 wrote:
There are some, but they are mostly accidental and the game doesn't exactly allow you to build your deck towards anything in particular.
Quote:

Accidental? That's quite an insult to the designers there. The first expansion certainly adds in the element of comboing off discards. I'm curious as to what deckbuilder combos you would want? I find Dominion not to have an blindingly obvious card combos, just cards that you might want to consider trying together.

That said, Clank in Space has factions that combo off each other and provide a much stronger sense of building a deck towards something.

[q="kmd2000"]By deck control I meant for example the ability to trash non-clank cards. You can perhaps trash 2 per game if you're lucky.

I can partially agree with this. The trashing mechanics are limited, but that's part of it. You have to really decide if bulging your deck out is actually good for your deck or not. You really should try Clank in Space, it has a lot more trashing mechanisms.

[q="kmd2000"]You are right. The game is called "Clank! A deck-building adventure", yet it neither a deckbuiler or an adventure game.
And in real races, it's skill that makes the winner. So it's not much of a race either. Unless you count snail racing.

I don't understand how you think Clank doesn't take skill. You do have to decide when to get cards, when to not, which cards to get, whether or not it's worth buying a dungeon row card and risking a dragon attack or playing it safe and buying an Explore or Mercenary instead.

kmd2000 wrote:
By interaction I mean being able to control the game state of other players. Especialy since it's such a simple game you should be able to play other players more, not just the game itself.

The interaction is subtle. You have to watch players carefully, stealing artifacts, or even just secrets from them. You can also give clank to other players, make the dragon attack when they're lower health than you, etc. etc.

I understand you don't like the game, and that's fair. I really would suggest you try Clank in Space though, as it "fixes" a lot of the things you think are problems. I love both, have both, and will continue to purchase content for both, as they are different, with different emphasis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A 2nd expansion for Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure, but none for Clank! In! Space!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
abe18 wrote:
A 2nd expansion for Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure, but none for Clank! In! Space! :(

Doesn't mean one for Space won't be forthcoming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Dolloff
msg tools
mbmbmb
Renegade just mentioned in a videocast that they have new content coming for Clank in space also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.