Subject: Toll Aggressive tile Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maximillian Santiago
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay we are in the middle of a game and we have the Toll Aggressive tile. I controlled a tunnel territory and my friend Brandi moved her Airship onto my Character's territory. What is the rule for this situation?

Is my Character stuck because he doesn't have resources to pay to move from that space?

Or because the airship moved onto that space the "onto or through" rule doesn't apply?

Help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McComas
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is just a guess, but I'd think that because you weren't in the middle of a move action, the toll payment wouldn't apply to any units already on the tunnel hex at the time the opponent airship occupied it. It would still aplly to any other units that you moved there, though. The way we read that rule is that a movement action must occur to trigger the toll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Toll wrote:
An opponent's unit may move onto or through your airship's territory only if it's transporting resources. [...]
Your character can move out of the territory without paying the toll.
The toll must be paid on entering the Airship's hex, not on exiting.

I suppose an initial draft of that aggressive ability was something similar to this:
My own personal hypothesis wrote:
An opponent's unit may move onto your airship's territory only if it's transporting resources. [...]
Then this raised the question: "what if I only pass through that territory not stopping there?", and then the "through" adverb has been added.

However, I'm fairly sure the intent of the rules is:
The wording I use when explaining it wrote:
An opponent's unit may enter your airship's territory only if it's transporting resources. [...]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "through" part is just in reference to units that use Speed or a Factory card. A unit must only pay the toll when it moves onto the Toll territory, not off of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximillian Santiago
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification. I did a similar move that game where I moved my airship onto an encounter territory to guard it, which worked out nicely.

But with a Character moving onto a airship's territory and them not being able to carry resources do they have to have a mech come with them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All units (characters, workers, and mechs) can carry resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.