Popular Tags: [View All]
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to start up a list to get some ideas on what custom Event Cards that people out there came up with. There are so many possibilities.

I'll Start us off with one of my favorites that we added;

Quote:
Parts Shortage

The next player to die must respawn in their previous tier ship. If they are already in a Tier 1 ship, this has no effect.
That player loses their current ship, but get to keep it's ability. Any Outfits or Cubes that do not fit into their new hold may be sold immediately. Any Outfits that do not fit are discarded, and any excess cubes are jettisoned. This player may upgrade to a new ship as normal.

This event ends after the next player dies and the above is resolved.

It's an interesting event that has both good and bad effects. You lose your bigger ship (especially if you have a Tier 3), but at the same time, it gives you the chance to gain an extra ability (at the cost of having to buy another ship again). We tried where it basically just set someone back and put that ship back on the market without them being able to keep the ability, but that was a bit harsh and seemed overpowered.

It has been fun when it comes up because it makes some people think twice about taking out another player when it is in play because of the setback and benefit.

Let's see what you guys have come up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
Parts Shortage Is a cool idea.

Suggestion
Change Text: "They must immediately sell or discard any outfits and cubes that they have in their hold in order to make it fit in the smaller ship."

To: "Any Outfits or Cubes that do not fit into their new hold may be sold immediately. Any Outfits that do not fit are discarded, and any cubes are jettisoned."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is much better and clearer wording. I will definitely be replacing it. Added the extra word "and any EXCESS cubes are jettisoned." for even more clarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So for those who did use your blank cards, HOW did you use them? Like, how did you get text onto the card and looking nice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
So for those who did use your blank cards, HOW did you use them? Like, how did you get text onto the card and looking nice?

Printing the text onto stickers is the easiest way. That is what I do with mine and they look pretty nice. If you sleeve your cards, simply printing it onto normal paper and gluing it on works as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else out there come up with any creative uses for their blanks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trogdor The Burninator
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about:

Electromagnetic Storm
An intense electric field links the Binary Stars

If Xia is not already in play, reveal immediately and place it's sector tile randomly on the board. Draw an imaginary line between the centre of both stars; any sector that bisects that line is affected.

Storm Effect:
- all Shield (including Enviro) Outfits are Disabled while ships are inside the affected sector.
- storm has no effect on Planetary Shields, or ships within them.

This card does not leave play

Note: Kiln also has a Planetary Shield. Ships inside the Space station are safe from the storm's effects.

Also: if you've sleeved your cards, you can just write the Event info on the sleeve itself, and not on the blank card. This way, you could make tonnes of different Events!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Also: if you've sleeved your cards, you can just write the Event info on the sleeve itself, and not on the blank card. This way, you could make tonnes of different Events!
Protip!

I can't believe this didn't occur to me. I do sleeve my cards, and I've sleeved plenty of things in the past so I could write on them... D&D stuff mostly, like character sheets and pages of a module.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.