Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Batman: Gotham City Chronicles» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Kickstarter Payment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave B
msg tools
Hey, I'm new to Kickstarter, when you pledge a certain amount, do you pay that amount up front? And if not, when do you pay them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Lawrence
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At the time that you back on Kickstarter, you will have to provide a credit card or something similar. If the Kickstarter reaches its goal, at the end of the backing phase, Kickstarter will collect the amount that you backed. If the Kickstarter does not reach its funding goal, then you are not charged.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to get more items from the project after it funds through the pledge manager. The typical flow of payments is then:

Pay your initial pledge amount upon close of Kickstarter campaign.

Then pay for any additional items plus shipping charges during the pledge manager, typically 3-6 months after the initial campaign ended.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Hi,

We will try to have a Pledge Manager sooner than that hopefully
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to say, pledge managers recently are more like a month later.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When it goes live, read the details carefully.

Mythic Games, on their recent Time of Legend (Joan of Arc) campaign, had super exclusive figures that you could only get by making a full pledge (not by pledging merely $1).

I don’t know what Monolith will do here.

I like having both the basic pledge and then adding stuff in the pledge manager. Allows a person to divide an expensive game into easier instalments.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
When it goes live, read the details carefully.

Mythic Games, on their recent Time of Legend (Joan of Arc) campaign, had super exclusive figures that you could only get by making a full pledge (not by pledging merely $1).

I don’t know what Monolith will do here.

I like having both the basic pledge and then adding stuff in the pledge manager. Allows a person to divide an expensive game into easier instalments.



No super Exclusives here (whatever that means).
But we might have super extra totally exclusives... (just kidding)
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xxXeno426xx wrote:
Hey, I'm new to Kickstarter, when you pledge a certain amount, do you pay that amount up front? And if not, when do you pay them?



This game is going to break Kickstarter.

I have seen more new Kickstarter backers asking this question about this game than any other game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
msg tools
You all are awesome, thanks for the info.!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
Chrisgmay wrote:
xxXeno426xx wrote:
Hey, I'm new to Kickstarter, when you pledge a certain amount, do you pay that amount up front? And if not, when do you pay them?



This game is going to break Kickstarter.

I have seen more new Kickstarter backers asking this question about this game than any other game.

I’m one of them. I’ve never Kickstartered before but I will for this one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
Sarimrune wrote:
When it goes live, read the details carefully.

Mythic Games, on their recent Time of Legend (Joan of Arc) campaign, had super exclusive figures that you could only get by making a full pledge (not by pledging merely $1).

I don’t know what Monolith will do here.

I like having both the basic pledge and then adding stuff in the pledge manager. Allows a person to divide an expensive game into easier instalments.



No super Exclusives here (whatever that means).
But we might have super extra totally exclusives... (just kidding)


I appreciate that. Those super exclusives rub me the wrong way (even though I'm getting them).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Flamin_Jesus wrote:
BadKam wrote:
Sarimrune wrote:
When it goes live, read the details carefully.

Mythic Games, on their recent Time of Legend (Joan of Arc) campaign, had super exclusive figures that you could only get by making a full pledge (not by pledging merely $1).

I don’t know what Monolith will do here.

I like having both the basic pledge and then adding stuff in the pledge manager. Allows a person to divide an expensive game into easier instalments.



No super Exclusives here (whatever that means).
But we might have super extra totally exclusives... (just kidding)


I appreciate that. Those super exclusives rub me the wrong way (even though I'm getting them).


Imagine, we already got a lot of heat for being exclusive to Kickstarter. If we go for those "super-exclusive" we are going to have people hunting us! ninja
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisgmay wrote:
xxXeno426xx wrote:
Hey, I'm new to Kickstarter, when you pledge a certain amount, do you pay that amount up front? And if not, when do you pay them?



This game is going to break Kickstarter.

I have seen more new Kickstarter backers asking this question about this game than any other game.


It might just.

The thing is, Conan is a great game. I think it had a rough start (where scenarios did not support the SG) and it deserves that flack. The Monolith and the players did work towards taking advantage of all that plastic.

The system is fun. It lets the heroes be HEROES and the overlord have meaningful choices (a critical part of having fun as the overlord).

I like and hate Batman. I like the idea of him. I often hate his portrayal in so many things. And his fanbois.

I actually like Robin and Azrael more than I like Batman. And I think that Monolith did a very solid job of all the non-Conan characters (despite being a common critique) that I’m very excited to see them.

So all in all, this game has a LOT going for it. A very powerful IP. A robust and more importantly proven successful system. And a company that has proven that they can live up to their promises.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Ross
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The bigger question is:

When are you all planning on releasing the game? By the end of the year? In a year? Two years? That's the only thing about parting with the monies in a Kickstarter...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.