4 Posts

Tao Long: The Way of the Dragon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Order of play in solo mode. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Welke
Canada
flag msg tools
I am white, AI is black, our heads are facing each other, 1 space apart. I move a single black rock to the FIRE space.

1. Do I expell fire first, as the final rock landed on FIRE, followed by the Black Dragon (AI) expelling fire on me? Or

2. Does the Black Dragon (AI), expell fire on me first as it was his colour that landed on Fire?

If #1, I was able destroy Black Dragon before he could use his fire, but if #2, I would have taken damage first...

Alternately, after moving the stack, do I always move first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JanWelke wrote:
I am white, AI is black, our heads are facing each other, 1 space apart. I move a single black rock to the FIRE space.

1. Do I expell fire first, as the final rock landed on FIRE, followed by the Black Dragon (AI) expelling fire on me? Or

2. Does the Black Dragon (AI), expell fire on me first as it was his colour that landed on Fire?

The AI actually takes its triggered actions just before your Matter phase — in other words, any AI action you trigger preempts your own actions you've triggered, because you don't perform your actions until the Matter phase.

JanWelke wrote:
If #1, I was able destroy Black Dragon before he could use his fire, but if #2, I would have taken damage first...

Alternately, after moving the stack, do I always move first?

Have a look at my Tao Long holistic summary; although it's quite unofficial, its primary goal is to put all the rules in the right order — a terrible way to first learn the game, but a very helpful reference once you know the rules and are trying to inject expansions or variants, or just need to refresh your memory. So, I think it will help you see the flow of the turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Welke
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick response, I'm checking out your summary now.

Jan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome, Jan! I hope seeing laid out in "chronological order" helps you figure it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.