Eclipse: Shadow of the Rift» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Warp Nexus is pointless? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cool Guy
United States
California
flag msg tools
In every Eclipse game that I play, nobody ever goes for the Nexus warp tile. There are generally 2-3 anomalies on the tile which can be more powerful than the center boss, almost all of the planets are advanced, and it’s only 3 vps. Now, I know that 3 vps isn’t bad, but you could just go for the center instead against an easier npc, more resources, and more vps. Is there something that I am missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are 2-3 Anomalies, it means that you are the only one bordering on it. This means that if you take the Nexus Warp, no one is going to be able to take it from you.

The Galactic Centre on the other hand is a huge sore in the ass. Once you take it, you have to fight against all other players basically. Great tactically, often a suicide strategically, in my experience.

Personally, I will take the Nexus over the Galactic Centre most times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool Guy
United States
California
flag msg tools
flying_neko wrote:
If there are 2-3 Anomalies, it means that you are the only one bordering on it. This means that if you take the Nexus Warp, no one is going to be able to take it from you.

The Galactic Centre on the other hand is a huge sore in the ass. Once you take it, you have to fight against all other players basically. Great tactically, often a suicide strategically, in my experience.

Generally speaking, do you think this advice mostly applies to 6 player games? Obviously, not in 2 players. But what about 3 or 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaCooGa wrote:
flying_neko wrote:

Generally speaking, do you think this advice mostly applies to 6 player games? Obviously, not in 2 players. But what about 3 or 4?

I have never played with more than 4. Definitely applies to 3-player games too: You definitely want the other guys to squander their resources fighting each other in pointless battles, while you keep your own fighting to the strict minimum necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brown
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaCooGa wrote:
In every Eclipse game that I play, nobody ever goes for the Nexus warp tile. There are generally 2-3 anomalies on the tile which can be more powerful than the center boss, almost all of the planets are advanced, and it’s only 3 vps. Now, I know that 3 vps isn’t bad, but you could just go for the center instead against an easier npc, more resources, and more vps. Is there something that I am missing?

Um, that's a 3 point hex yes, but its also a point for each anomaly as well. The points from killing the anomalies cannot be taken away from you, and you will get to draw more reputation tiles from fighting them as well. And as previously stated it will be fought over less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.