Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Any way to make bone club work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Convex Hull
Germany
flag msg tools
So I recently painted up the old survivor as I had that idea to clobber gazillions of resources out of antelopes with the bone club. It was only in my first antelope encounter that I noticed that it is quite difficult to bring the club to bear consistently and also that there are very few got locations that yield resources AND give the +2 luck for clubs.

Is there another point to using the club that I just don't see? I mean in early game it is very expensive, in late there are flat out better options and in mid I could use the club from the weapon smith way easier.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I paired it with the White Lion Coat and Gauntlets and have had some fun with Pouncing.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stop Poking!
Avatar
ConvexHull wrote:
in late there are flat out better options and in mid I could use the club from the weapon smith way easier.

The Whistling Mace and Skullcap Hammer are both inferior to the Bone Club late game.

Bone Club works with any of the monster sets, WL for Pounce, SA for Slam, Phoenix for Charge and it works with Lantern Armor in the end game.

You don't really need to move when you hold it if you are the tank. Use of the Rawhide Headband by your support survivor will ensure that the monster keeps itself pointed at you. Or if it's the White Lion you just stand next to it and it'll come at you over and over.

It's probably the best early game weapon in KDM right now and it's certainly the best core game club. After playing with it, it's borderline OP, the way that Rawhide is.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a fan of Whistling Mace, but that only brought ruin to my attempts to make it work, in the end. Ironically, I ditched it for good the first time I went against a L2 DBK, which was about the time it could begin to be useful due to rainbow wing belt.

Skullcap Hammer was more or less the choice you were forced to stick with in 1.31 core game, and that was why nobody used clubs to mastery.

Now, if you want to wound Tgh 27 without exceptional cases (you wound 10% of the time anyway), your best bet is still Club mastery with lantern armor and some base strength, so it is absolutely fair to give them relevance.

Since even the GSK mace is utterly crap, I agree with Fen that the Bone Club is best club in base game. Not a big fan of cumbersome melee weapons, but this is no twilight sword - it can be used with just a bit of planning ahead.

The only problem I see with this is against unreliable targeting monsters (slender man, the hand, spidicules to a degree) and highly mobile monsters (diabolical antelope, spidicules to a degree), but you are always able to get at least your proficiency point in every showdown, even with those beasts. Never tried it against Sunstalker, but on paper it seems more doable than the antelope.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Silveira
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fenpaints wrote:
ConvexHull wrote:
in late there are flat out better options and in mid I could use the club from the weapon smith way easier.

The Whistling Mace and Skullcap Hammer are both inferior to the Bone Club late game.

Bone Club works with any of the monster sets, WL for Pounce, SA for Slam, Phoenix for Charge and it works with Lantern Armor in the end game.

You don't really need to move when you hold it if you are the tank. Use of the Rawhide Headband by your support survivor will ensure that the monster keeps itself pointed at you. Or if it's the White Lion you just stand next to it and it'll come at you over and over.

It's probably the best early game weapon in KDM right now and it's certainly the best core game club. After playing with it, it's borderline OP, the way that Rawhide is.


Relly NEVER saw bone club this way... That's the only weapon from bone that I didn't make once (4 campaigns).

Please, do you think it's better than the Bone Axe?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stop Poking!
Avatar
Of course it is, from experience Bone Axe is the second weakest bone weapon for the cost because that Organ should be a Monster Grease. Bone Sword + Monster Grease always trumps Bone Axe unless you got 5+ organs from Prologue Lion.

In order it's:

1. Club
2. Sword
3. Darts
4. Axe
5. Dagger

However you rarely want more than one Club or Darts.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Silveira
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fenpaints wrote:
Of course it is, from experience Bone Axe is the second weakest bone weapon for the cost because that Organ should be a Monster Grease. Bone Sword + Monster Grease always trumps Bone Axe unless you got 5+ organs from Prologue Lion.

In order it's:

1. Club
2. Sword
3. Darts
4. Axe
5. Dagger

However you rarely want more than one Club or Darts.


Relly interesting. I loved the axe, but I recognize that grease is necessary (as I'm always going to Survival after I saw Protect is not that good)! Do you make 4 greases?

Darts is the first weapon I make if I threw 3 stones at prologue lion. If not I tend to make the dagger (and I'm sad to see it's your last weapon! hahahhah) and wait for the lion bow. I dunno, as a newbie I was afraid of frail weapons (it helps that I read the circlet wrong on first play through and remaneged the AI deck, and not the HL deck).

Really. I have to play it more and more. I fu***ing LOVE this game. Grail game all the time. I'm in for 140+ hours (counting assembling minis) and can't wait to get home to play more.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Majewski
msg tools
Not a fan of cumbersome weapons. But if it's prepping for the LY1 lion, I think I could be convinced to get it if we drew a lot of bone resources from the first story lion. My group generally saves bone resources from the first story lion. We don't buy any weapons if we have 3 found stones, and save the bone for the weapons crafter. Sometimes we would give the Survivor with +1 strength the bone blade or bone darts.

But if we get a lot of organs, I would like to try to get the stone circle early, instead of grease. then make a naked survivor with this club and bone earrings

Next steps would be to get the Monster Tooth Neckless, bone dagger and a skull helm. And finally a scrap shield.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chinh Tran
msg tools
mbmbmb
fenpaints wrote:

You don't really need to move when you hold it if you are the tank... Or if it's the White Lion you just stand next to it and it'll come at you over and over.

So question about this: I have found that it's best not to stand directly in front of the Lion because it has a lot of reactions that full move it forward, grabbing anyone that's in its way, or reactions that make it face towards the attacker and then jump backwards (colliding with any survivors that were previously in front of it if the new attack is coming from its blind spot). How do you deal with this if you have to remain in its front arc to use the cumbersome weapon?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Convex Hull
Germany
flag msg tools
I think I'll give it a try then.

But to clarify:
1) I never said skullcap was better LATE game.
2) I rarely just stand next to l2+ lions or antelopes. For l1 I usually don't want to wound without crit except when I want weapon proficiency.
3) I usually don't make lion armor. Perhaps I'll try that after the Kings man when I have to break up a set anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.