Next War: Taiwan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Amphibious brigades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blargy McBlargerton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I just finished turn two of my first attempt at the standard game (doing the Kaushung scenario) and I'm at the point where it feels like everything "clicks", with one exception: I'm confused by amphibious brigades (the mechanized brigades, not the landing ships). Do they have any sort of bonus for being amphibious, or are they capable of doing anything special that their non-amphibious counterparts cannot do?

EDIT: Upon closer look they're actually regiments, not brigades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They can conduct amphibious assaults while a normal mech brigade would have to wait until you capture a port. The amphibious brigades can also land at a beachhead unlike a normal brigade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blargy McBlargerton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Makes sense, and thank you. Sounds like they're pretty similar to how marine units function then.

Speaking of amphibious assaults, what is the procedure for landing on a beach if you already have units there but no beachhead marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To close the loop on this, see NWT Game Specific Rules 3.1 and 3.1.1.

As for the landing question, you follow the same process. See the last paragraph of 8.5.8.1 in the Series Rules: "(or the hex had no enemy units)".

As per SR 8.5.8.2, placement of a Beachhead marker is optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blargy McBlargerton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thank you for the quick response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.