Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
Quick question on the following rule concerning Grain Rebellion:

--------------------------

(7.42) Rebel are not controlled by any faction. They do not move. The first Roman faction (if any) which enters the city hex (other than the Roman faction against whom the rebellion occurred) takes control of the city removing the rebel units.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this saying that the player who previously controlled the city (and against whom the rebellion took place) cannot send forces to enter the city again. 7.41 indicates that such forces can besiege the city. 7.42 seems to say that such forces cannot enter it. What does "other than the Roman faction against whom the rebellion occurred" actually mean in this case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James O'Grady
United Kingdom
Wymondham
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From my reading of it, and I am not Flavio Ezio, here's what I think.

In the Caesar vs Pompey scenario, Pompey controls Rome to start with.

There's a grain revolt and so we get rebels in Rome.

If Caesar sends forces to the city hex (outside the city), the rebels will side with Caesar and surrender to him.

If Pompey sends forces to the city hex (outside the city), the rebels will go "Pompey sucks!" and he'll have to do a siege.

At least that's how I read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Ezio
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
James,
Yes, you read it right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
It makes sense now...

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.