Paolo Margutti
Italy
Gorla Minore
VA
flag msg tools
hi All,
there is a no clear rule about Double-rails building

Can I, using a single action (discarding 1 card) build 2 rails... the question is: CAN I BUILD THEM CONSECUTIVE (ex: the second linked directly to the first one?)

can anyone help me?
thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Elzach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

"It costs £5 to build a single rail link. You can build two rail links in a Single action. This costs £15. They do not have to be built so that they are connected with each other [but they may]. [...]
You can build a link on any potential link that connects with one of your Industry counters or is connected to a location that you already have a link running in to."
(Action 2 - build link - p7 2nd edn rules)

After you’ve built your first link the condition for building the second link is fulfilled. Therefore it’s legal.

Thanks for using a detailed subject line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, sure !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw this was recently (within last couple weeks) asked and answered... sadly that poster may have been one of the ones I suggested editing their thread title to put a useful title on your title is useful thanks!

and fwiw for your complete turn (two actions) you could even build 4 consecutive rail links (spending a total of 30 + 4 coal)... and in fact I've done that a lot... in a 4 player game there are lots of points up for grab.... more than once I've built all my rail links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Margutti
Italy
Gorla Minore
VA
flag msg tools
And what about this rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Elzach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Margutti
Italy
Gorla Minore
VA
flag msg tools
A friend of mine sento it to me that old image, tell in me i'm wrong and is not possibile to put 2 rails Linked in tu e Same half-turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Elzach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, then don’t trust your friend. Trust people on BGG who know better (and have played the game way over 1000 times - like me ).

If he doesn’t trust us, he could check out possibly any completed game on orderofthehammer.com to verify he’s wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or buy the official app and try it yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mauer
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
afafard wrote:
Or buy the official app and try it yourself.

I don’t know that I would necessarily treat that as canonical, it is of course possible for software to have bugs or mistaken rules interpretations.

(The game software is obviously correct in this case, I just wouldn't treat this as true in all cases)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Understood.

But if an official electronic port (which has been available and maintained for more than two years) does not convince his friend. Then nothing will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was my understanding that the app uses the original maps and points/income; not the new ones. Small differences but makes Level 1 cotton more useful, and other minor changes in the map. Or so I understand.

I do hope the app is updated as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
It was my understanding that the app uses the original maps and points/income; not the new ones. Small differences but makes Level 1 cotton more useful, and other minor changes in the map. Or so I understand.

I do hope the app is updated as well.

The Steam (PC / Mac) version came out just last October. I'd think if they were planning on updating to the Lancashire edition, they'd have made the changes then. But perhaps I'm wrong, and sometime in the future they will update it. I did ask whether they could adopt the 2-person changes, but they said it required licensing they didn't have (though the reply left it possible that they might obtain it in the future).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
emmepi14 wrote:
A friend of mine sento it to me that old image, tell in me i'm wrong and is not possibile to put 2 rails Linked in tu e Same half-turn

App or no app, your friend is misinterpreting the rule. Negations are often tricky to understand for non-native speakers, as witness the "muss nicht" problem when translating German to English.

The rule absolutely does not say that you can't play two linked rails in the same action. What it does say is that if you play two rails in the same action, they do not HAVE to be linked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.