Zombicide» Forums » Variants

Subject: Thinking about House rule set / Searching outdoor? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobi Eb
msg tools
mb
Hey guys,

I am about to reorganize my Zombicide collection and already made a finally working foamcore plan to store all zombie miniatures safe in the corresponding boxes of Season 1-3 plus angry neighbours and toxic city mall expansions (a total of 5 boxes though). There is enough space to bring all other zombie sets e.g. VIPs, crowz and dog zombies into those boxes as well. All survivors and zombivors are stored within a seperate box. All tokens such as doors, noise tokens, helicopter and cars, special building tokens thorughout all seasons, as well as ALL(!) cards are stored within a seperate seventh box in total. If you´re playin a season 1, 2 or 3 Mission you need 3 boxes for setup for example. Anyway it reduced space on my shelfs and setup time isnt that bad :-)

My house rule plans are based on the fact that there are slightly rule improvments and changes from season to season and while I like the rules of Black Plague more than classic Zombicide, I like my modern collection too much to switch to the medival side ;-) Therefore I prepared a big rules summary of all seasons and brought some common house rules and rules improvments vom BP into it. The biggest change though is my idea to split all weapons and search cards from all games into newly arranged balanced decks. There are a total of 5 decks currently where you draw during search actions depending WHERE you do your search. These are the 5 places and corresponding decks:

Indoor deck (When you search inside a standard building)
Mall deck (When you search inside a shop building introduced in S2)
Hospital deck (When you search inside a locker room within hospital tiles introduced in S3)
Vehicle deck (When you search cars, helicopter, tents)
Outdoor deck (When you search within street zones!)

I think it is clear that only the corresponding decks get prepared within a mission, in case those related tiles are part of your mission. But my question: did anybody of you tried a house rule that allowed to search outside buildings at all? Did you restrict it with some tokens to a limitation rule like "only one search action outdoor per survivor once per game" or "only one search action per street zone once per game"? I kind of like the idea to get more access to the weapon decks but this could make the game too easy on the other side...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Those separate decks sound like a cool house rule. I would love to know what the cards in each deck are and how well they have done in your games. Did you do this because you were bored of seeing the same cards over and over? Or you felt the decks were out of balance?

I love the only search indoors restriction though, it keeps the tension high and tactical decision making significant. In the rare mission there is a car present, it almost seems to make it too easy in my limited play experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rayburn
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I allow for searching in zones that have trashcans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.