Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is on Android an app called the Unofficial Boardgamegeek app. Assuming that this is not so unofficial that mentioning it is forbidden, I am puzzled by one feature. It lists a "language independence" poll but I cannot see this stat on actual game pages. Does anybody know what is going on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
Under official links there should be the language dependence stat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bengkohn wrote:

Sorry no. It gives the main BGG page for that game, BoadGamePrices*, Amazon and EBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
slimy_asparagus wrote:
It lists a "language independence" poll but I cannot see this stat on actual game pages. Does anybody know what is going on?

It is called "Language Dependence" -- search for that text on any BGG game page and you will find it, below the game description, above the videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Yanyo
United States
Evansville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slimy_asparagus wrote:
bengkohn wrote:

Sorry no. It gives the main BGG page for that game, BoadGamePrices*, Amazon and EBay.

It sounds like what you're asking is where the language dependence poll/info is found on the BGG website (since you already know where it is in the app), but you're then going and looking at the "Links" tab in the app.

On the main page for any game, underneath the description and awards there's a section called "Official Links". Underneath that is the language dependence info. Here it is for Gloomhaven:

Like the player count stat, this is a community-driven poll, so you may want to click the little bar graph icon to see the full breakdown of votes to get a better picture. Hope that helps!

P.S. In the future, you may want to add a more descriptive title to your threads. Perhaps something like, "Location of Language Dependence Stat?".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Thunarf
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Oh, I would have accepted the leprosy alone; but not leprosy and eroticism together, oh no, for the love of God, erotic leprosy?
mbmbmbmbmb
slimy_asparagus wrote:
bengkohn wrote:

You should be able to find the language dependence under the heading 'Additional suggestions', which is a separate heading below (after) the official links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone for the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.