12 Posts

Rising Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Path of the Serpent card questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
k c
msg tools
Hi Guys,
Had one playthrough so far, great game :-)

Question about the card:

Path of the Serpent (Enhancement) (Shipping Route Upgrade):

"You may charge other players $ in order to cross each different shipping route with their figures."

So does this mean:

1) One $ per shipping route, unlimited figures for that route (since they are using same route)
2) What happens if they can't pay? Are they denied the movement on the route?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly how I read the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think you may charge them other thing else to let them pass through as a deal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Houghton
Australia
flag msg tools
1.) I believe you can charge a player 1 coin to move as many figures as they want to across any number of shipping channels. However, this 1 coin only lasts for one marshal mandate.

2.) The language on the card says you ”may” charge them to cross. If they can’t pay, you could either let them cross for free and try to use this as a bargaining chip, or deny them to cross.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jhoughto123 wrote:
1.) I believe you can charge a player 1 coin to move as many figures as they want to across any number of shipping channels. However, this 1 coin only lasts for one marshal mandate.

2.) The language on the card says you ”may” charge them to cross. If they can’t pay, you could either let them cross for free and try to use this as a bargaining chip, or deny them to cross.

1) it says ‘each different shipping route’ though which implies 1 coin for each of the shipping routes a player uses. I think if it were intended to just be for general shipping route access it would probably just say ‘You May charge a player 1 coin to use any of the shipping routes during a mandate’...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
Perfect, thanks all! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxwell Waddelow
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FearLord wrote:
jhoughto123 wrote:

1) it says ‘each different shipping route’ though which implies 1 coin for each of the shipping routes a player uses. I think if it were intended to just be for general shipping route access it would probably just say ‘You May charge a player 1 coin to use any of the shipping routes during a mandate’...

Awesome Explanation. I have bonus Questions: What happens if you are the dragonfly clan?
They can Move anywhere however are they still considered to use the shipping routes?
If so how many?
Is it assumed that they travel the path of least resistance i.e less shipping routes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Buntinx
Belgium
Genk
Limburg
flag msg tools
If my calculations are correct, now would be the perfect time to fling poop.
mbmbmbmbmb
djredhed wrote:
FearLord wrote:
jhoughto123 wrote:

Awesome Explanation. I have bonus Questions: What happens if you are the dragonfly clan?
They can Move anywhere however are they still considered to use the shipping routes?
If so how many?
Is it assumed that they travel the path of least resistance i.e less shipping routes?

We played it that they are immune to Path of the Serpent. They are flying, after all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
djredhed wrote:
FearLord wrote:
jhoughto123 wrote:

If so how many?

I maybe imagining this, but I was pretty sure the full description of their ability at the end of the rule book says the Dragonfly never use shipping routes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxwell Waddelow
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FearLord wrote:
djredhed wrote:
FearLord wrote:
jhoughto123 wrote:

If so how many?

I maybe imagining this, but I was pretty sure the full description of their ability at the end of the rule book says the Dragonfly never use shipping routes.

You are absolutely correct!! How did I miss that. Thanks very Much!!
Man I want My 3 Coins Back!! Still won that game though so all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chad dugas
United States
nevada city
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So as a follow-up clarification for the Path of the Serpent card. If I owned the card in a six player game and all five players crossed two different shipping routes during a Marshall phase I could conceivable collect 10 money from that one Marshall Mandate. Correct? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxwell Waddelow
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theoretically yes. If they all did that on one Marshal. Hell you could get more if they split up their figures and crossed more shipping routes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.