Conflict of Heroes: Eastern Front – Solo Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: RE draw wheeled vehicle in heavy woods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert wolski
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I drew a chit for a RE to determine what this RE would be. I drew a wheeled vehicle. However the hex was heavy woods. And wheeled vehicles are not allowed in heavy woods. What to do in this situation?
A) Re-draw until something CAN be placed in the heavy woods hex?
B) Place the wheeled vehicle there anyway but next move just don't continue in the heavy woods?
C) Something else.

Just for the record, I chose A. ...and drew it again. ...then finally drew a tank.

Thanks

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sawhead
Scotland
flag msg tools
You probably did right thing. I might have done B with the outlook that the enemy have hid the truck there for protection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
All those are fine. Probably what you did, or just in the adjacent qualifying hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with B in this situation, as long as the wheeled vehicle has a way to move out. Being placed does not equal moving into
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a rule 42 issue (presumably as I haven't checked the rules) so whatever you choose is okay. I would have gone for A or B depending on what I had for lunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question. The rules don't say.

What I would have done is placed the unit as close to the hex as I could outside the woods, but still in the circumstances of whatever revealed the unit.

After all, it is a rumored enemy so you don't know if there is actually a unit there, only that there are reports of a unit there. So, I figure the reported location was off a little bit.

I guess it would depend on how far away from the RE location this would have pushed it...

But, your solution was just was good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert wolski
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Thank you one and all.
I appreciate all the input because it helps me understand the thought process of others when thinking through these unclear situations. But I'm sure I'll be posting more questions when I'm really stumped.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Klaus
Germany
Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
marcuslind1 wrote:
I'd go with B in this situation, as long as the wheeled vehicle has a way to move out. Being placed does not equal moving into

Are we talking about solo FF#3?

If yes then I support the answer above although all other answers here are also reasonable, because the RE are handled as tracked vehicles as long as they arent revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert wolski
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Yes, we are talking about FF#3 - good guess!

And yes, that's how the RE found itself in the heavy woods, I treated it as a tank. But when I drew the BA-10 Armored Car, I didn't know if, since it's now revealed to be a wheeled vehicle, it could start in the heavy woods.

OH, another question I'm unclear on...
This unit:

How am I to use the dual movement feature of this unit?

Thanks.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
le93baron wrote:

And yes, that's how the RE found itself in the heavy woods, I treated it as a tank. But when I drew the BA-10 Armored Car, I didn't know if, since it's now revealed to be a wheeled vehicle, it could start in the heavy woods.

OH, another question I'm unclear on...
This unit:

How am I to use the dual movement feature of this unit?

Thanks.

Bob

Since his movement cost(1) is in green it is considered a wheeled vehicle. So it cannot enter terrain that are forbidden for wheeled vehicles(see movement chart), it have the same bonus move as a wheeled vehicle(I think they only get bonuses on road) and the same move bonus as a tracked vehicle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Klaus
Germany
Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
le93baron wrote:

The movement restriction occurs only for moving into a new hex. So the RE (treated as a tank) has moved into heady woods, where it later has been revealed as a BA10. As long as it has possibilities to move out of the heavy woods I would just place the BA10 in it and go on.

As said, all other solutions are also possible.

Regarding the bonus movement of the SdKfz 232:
According to rule 14.0 in the AtB rules the unit could do two bonus moves:
green = Bonus move an extra road hex
blue = Bonus move an extra open or road hex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This unit can move three spaces on a road but only two spaces in open terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert wolski
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Must the move reflect the order of the green/blue dots? In other words the first move cannot be an open hex?

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure this type of vehicle can travel in open space, just at a slower rate. I can't recall if this was stated anywhere but I've always played that way. It's both tracked and wheeled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See AtB rulebook 14.0 to 14.5 for rules about vehicle movement. Pay close attention to 14.0 and 14.1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.