Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philipp Schuster
Austria
Innsbruck
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One quick question: If I grant an action to a summon, like for example with the Mindthief's Possession, is the action performed according to the monster AI rules or may the owner of the summon choose where to move/what to attack?

I think that I'll use the default monster AI rules, but just wanted to make sure ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See also this thread. With posession, the ally itself gets to decide how it is used. This means that when used on another player, that player gets to decide where to move and whom to attack. If used on a summon, that summon gets to decide were to move and whom to attack (i.e. the summon behaves according to its AI rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Schuster
Austria
Innsbruck
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your quick answer and also for pointing out that other thread. Seems that I looked for the wrong keywords ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that in not all cases dies the ally act by it AI. If a card says "with you controlling the action" or something similar, then you control the summons action for that granted action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've seen, I don't think there are any such actions that let you control any granted ally actions. Only enemy actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit, I'm completely wrong because I misread the above.

There are.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
higher level Mindthief card (6?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Can't say there are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Willottica wrote:
There are.
higher level Mindthief card (6?)

I don't see any such cards that allow the mindthief to control the actions of their ally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to take a look to see if there are any more but off the top of my head....

Circles and 2 mini spoilers

the summoner and beast tyrant have cards that allow them to control their summons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Schuster
Austria
Innsbruck
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I have another question:

As already stated, if I grant a move action to a summoned ally without me controlling the action, the ally's AI takes over.

How does this work? Exactly like a monster ability card with one line saying "move x"?

If so, an ally with a ranged attack ability would still move towards its focus as if it only had a melee attack this turn?

Don't get me wrong, this is actually what I want it to do, as it is a good way to get rather slow ranged allies along ...

Spoilers for Circles and Music Note:

A move 4 by the Soothsinger for the thorn shooter helps a great deal getting it along through the scenario - but only if the AI actually DOES move towards the enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Complex wrote:
Now I have another question:

As already stated, if I grant a move action to a summoned ally without me controlling the action, the ally's AI takes over.

How does this work? Exactly like a monster ability card with one line saying "move x"?

If so, an ally with a ranged attack ability would still move towards its focus as if it only had a melee attack this turn?

That sounds correct.
Remember that there's no focus if no monster is currently on the board, though. Summons won't wander towards the next door without someone controlling their actions, so granting them moves might not be as useful as expecting in fight breaks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.