Hide
17 Posts

Planet Apocalypse» Forums » Variants

Subject: Is going to exist a Cthulhu Wars crossover? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sicarioseth sicarioseth
msg tools
I think that it would be great a Cthulhu Wars - Planet Apocalypse crossover. Maybe units from Planet Apocalypse as neutral monsters or Great Old Ones for CW and the units from CW as demons for Planet Apocalypse.

Who agrees that would be marvelous to have our heroes fighting against deep ones, hunting horrors, proto-shoggoths and Cthulhu itself? Or summoning the Demon Lords to join the Crawling Chaos army?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Bruno
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like it's unnecessary. CW has boatloads of content. Some of which is still not in our hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be pretty awesome!
This doesn't have to be a re-work of the characters available in the game. Just cards with CW artwork so you more easily can proxy your Planet Apocalypse minis with CW ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They’re already halfway there, seeing as how the PA heroes were added as “investigators” in CW OS3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I did make the investigators a unit in Cthulhu Wars. Also one of the demons (the Third Circle). I'm sure that someone will put together a new Cthulhu Wars faction based on the demons and their models. It's handy that the figures are all at the same scale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
Yeah I did make the investigators a unit in Cthulhu Wars. Also one of the demons (the Third Circle). I'm sure that someone will put together a new Cthulhu Wars faction based on the demons and their models. It's handy that the figures are all at the same scale.

It would be cool to have the rules for using the Larva in CW. (For others' info, this was a final stretch goal for CW OS3 that wasn't quite achieved.) And any other ideas you have for using PA figures in CW (or vice versa) would be quite welcome.

Thanks for having them be at the same scale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
well logically, because PA is the current project, I should be looking for how to use CW in PA, not the other way round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Does it really matter which way the (hypotethical) crossover goes? It might increase the sales of this KS either way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tayne Hunsaker
msg tools
One day I hope to play Gods Planet Cthulhu, but that day isn't today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claymore Nash
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
It would be a fun project to port CW figures over to PA.

Cultists would be replacing Larva of course, with first second and third "tier" monsters replacing the basic Demons. Mythos monsters could have a lower attack (say d8 per tier instead of d10) but have abilities based on how they're used in CW, like Star Spawn needing to be killed twice. Fourth Circle demons could be replaced with a mix of Terrors and Neutral GOOs, with the Faction GOOs being Lords.

Edit: Instead of a random Legion maybe everything would be modified by what faction the Great Old One belongs to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
well logically, because PA is the current project, I should be looking for how to use CW in PA, not the other way round.
/seconded
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Carroll
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Cthulhu Wars Homebrewers Unite!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there's no reason for Sandy to worry about porting PA into CW. If the Larva are roughly equal in size to CW's Acolytes and there's enough demons of varying sizes in the same color, you're bound to have a few faction homebrews.

I mean, I can guarantee there will be at least one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Dale
msg tools
I remember you mentioned the abilities the Larva would have in 'Cthulhu Wars' had it made it into Onslaught 3 via the final stretch goal. I'd be curious to see if you re-use those rules for a unit in Cthulhu Wars again someday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Pascaud
France
Saint Aunes
Herault
flag msg tools
My friends call me "Sly" during games. I can't propose alliances anymore.
badge
My wife and I are offering painting commission services for your miniatures !
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the crossover, it finally happened =D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yXaWKiansKL2jjKgbyEHrJDgU3c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Reardon
msg tools
Vinsssounet wrote:

Ugh, now I've got to do work for the CW PbF files too XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sicarioseth sicarioseth
msg tools
Does anyone know if there is going to be a reverse crossover?

I mean use the CW minis in Planet Apocalypse.

I would be more than interested for the saddest reason: to play to CW solo - somehow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe lord rules for the great old ones.
Other monsters could be used as substitute larva and 1/2/3 lvl demons with slightly different rules

I could see it happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.