UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of trying this as a first game, with 4 players. Is the game decent with 4 or should I wait til we have 5? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it fine with 4. It's probably easier to teach as there's less game state to comprehend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's great at all player counts. Just avoid the high player counts with too many new people and you'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
First time I played was with 8 players, only two of whom had played before (one was owner) and it went great. All were consummate gamers, though.

I've also played a 3-player game, and it worked very well, too. Agree that it works great at every player count!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Barker
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No matter what, the first round is going to be confusing for first-time players. The sooner you get the first economy and bidding phases over with the better. After that most people pick it up immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McSteve
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A 4-player game is great. And when you add players, everyone gets wealthier and it gets more and more awesome. But 4 is a great place to start, as people can monitor the available goods much more easily and get a feel for the game before it expands and their attention needs to as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.