Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
42 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: App updated to include all enemy groups from expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My iOS app updated today and now will deploy enemy groups from your entire collection rather than just the core set. Yay for progress.

10 
 Thumb up
1.99
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Original app thread is here: App Updated to Include Expansion Enemy Groups

Edit: It has come to my attention that it is apparently my job to tell you all that the current thread was also in the incorrect forum.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad, although I'm of the opinion that this is relevant to this forum too, so I'll leave it up.
8 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, keep the original board game entry app free!!! There is a proper entry for app discussion!

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/241827/star-war...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Just post app stuff where ever you want. It's a part of the game. Not everyone on bgg uses vgg.

What's up with the forum moms? Irritating shake
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What does vgg have to do with this? I don't use vgg, but still use the correct forum.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
No. Just post app stuff where ever you want. It's a part of the game. Not everyone on bgg uses vgg.

What's up with the forum moms? Irritating shake


Does not make any sense. Everybody who is interested in the app, can subsribe to the corresponding entry on BGG(!!!) but people not interested in the app can not "unsubscribe" from app threads in the board game entry in advance. You do not have to understand it. Just accept that there is a forum dedicated to the app and USE IT.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
Not everyone on bgg uses vgg.

There is also an entry for LotA as an expansion.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lol @ the Internet
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:
Cracky wrote:
No. Just post app stuff where ever you want. It's a part of the game. Not everyone on bgg uses vgg.

What's up with the forum moms? Irritating shake


Does not make any sense. Everybody who is interested in the app, can subsribe to the corresponding entry on BGG(!!!) but people not interested in the app can not "unsubscribe" from app threads in the board game entry in advance. You do not have to understand it. Just accept that there is a forum dedicated to the app and USE IT.


No, I don't have to accept it. It's easier to have everything in one central location and unsubscribe from threads I'm not interested in. I hate when PBF threads show up in my feed, but I just unsubscribe them, delete them, and get on with my day. It takes 2 seconds. I don't freak out that people are engaging in discussions I'm not interested in.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
Telrak wrote:
Cracky wrote:
No. Just post app stuff where ever you want. It's a part of the game. Not everyone on bgg uses vgg.

What's up with the forum moms? Irritating shake


Does not make any sense. Everybody who is interested in the app, can subsribe to the corresponding entry on BGG(!!!) but people not interested in the app can not "unsubscribe" from app threads in the board game entry in advance. You do not have to understand it. Just accept that there is a forum dedicated to the app and USE IT.


No, I don't have to accept it. It's easier to have everything in one central location and unsubscribe from threads I'm not interested in. I hate when PBF threads show up in my feed, but I just unsubscribe them, delete them, and get on with my day. It takes 2 seconds. I don't freak out that people are engaging in discussions I'm not interested in.


We should probably have all games in one forum. Would make it a lot easier. Everything in one central location. All the information you need in one place.
8 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwakkie wrote:
DancingFool wrote:
Telrak wrote:
Cracky wrote:
No. Just post app stuff where ever you want. It's a part of the game. Not everyone on bgg uses vgg.

What's up with the forum moms? Irritating shake


Does not make any sense. Everybody who is interested in the app, can subsribe to the corresponding entry on BGG(!!!) but people not interested in the app can not "unsubscribe" from app threads in the board game entry in advance. You do not have to understand it. Just accept that there is a forum dedicated to the app and USE IT.


No, I don't have to accept it. It's easier to have everything in one central location and unsubscribe from threads I'm not interested in. I hate when PBF threads show up in my feed, but I just unsubscribe them, delete them, and get on with my day. It takes 2 seconds. I don't freak out that people are engaging in discussions I'm not interested in.


We should probably have all games in one forum. Would make it a lot easier. Everything in one central location. All the information you need in one place.


Haha! I gave you GG before I realized what you were actually saying. I know you're being sarcastic, but that's not even close to what I was saying. All games should have one forum, yes. There's no need for me to go to the Leia Ally Pack page if I have a question that involves Leia or go to the Jabba page for a discussion about Jabba. Everything Imperial Assault related should be in the Imperial Assault forums. Dividing the forums into things like General, News, etc. is fine but having to go to another location to discuss an expansion or ally pack is insane.
9 
 Thumb up
1.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, I do refunds.

Them are the rules though. But I won't bother anyone anymore. Let the moderators sort it out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwakkie wrote:
No worries, I do refunds.

Them are the rules though. But I won't bother anyone anymore. Let the moderators sort it out.


So, wait, the rules are actually that if someone wants to discuss the Leia Ally Pack or Jabba's Realm, they have to go to the other page?

If that's the case, the 85% of the Core Game forum posts are against the rules. How come nobody gets upset about those? Oh, right, this is really about bias against the app, isn't it?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
No, I don't have to accept it. It's easier to have everything in one central location and unsubscribe from threads I'm not interested in. I hate when PBF threads show up in my feed, but I just unsubscribe them, delete them, and get on with my day. It takes 2 seconds. I don't freak out that people are engaging in discussions I'm not interested in.


Sure you do have to accept it because it is a bgg rule to stay on topic in the forums related to games. App has its own place. As I said, it is your choice to understand it but nut your choice accept it.

In german we have a saying like "you do not have to understand/comprehend it but accept it because it is not yours to question".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:
DancingFool wrote:
No, I don't have to accept it. It's easier to have everything in one central location and unsubscribe from threads I'm not interested in. I hate when PBF threads show up in my feed, but I just unsubscribe them, delete them, and get on with my day. It takes 2 seconds. I don't freak out that people are engaging in discussions I'm not interested in.


Sure you do have to accept it because it is a bgg rule to stay on topic in the forums related to games. App has its own place. As I said, it is your choice to understand it but nut your choice accept it.

In german we have a saying like "you do not have to understand/comprehend it but accept it because it is not yours to question".


This forum is on topic for the app because you can't play the app without the game and this is the game's forum. You don't have to understand that, just accept it.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
No. Just post app stuff where ever you want. It's a part of the game. Not everyone on bgg uses vgg.

What's up with the forum moms? Irritating shake


Man, I think that all the time.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
My bad, although I'm of the opinion that this is relevant to this forum too, so I'll leave it up.

Thanks for posting here. I'm only subscribed to the News sub-forum so I did not see it otherwise.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, apparantly the mods are with me on this one. Look, where the thread is now. Enjoy yourselfs.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is ridiculous. The thread has been moved and I am not happy about that.

To the mod that moved it, can you please move all these threads to their appropriate forums:
Drokatta - Demolish ability
Energy shields...
Why 4 Shapeshifters in HotE?
Ally and villain pack question
Can J4X activate twice in one activation?
Jax question...
Ka Tun Feralo
Is Heart of the empire worth it?
Drokkatta's Repeater Cannon...

LotA is an expansion. It is not a separate game (like Race for the Galaxy's app). It requires the core game to play.

One of the reasons I posted this into the main game's forum is because there might have been a lot of people who saw the app released but with little content involved from all the expansions they'd invested in. So they ignored it at the time. Now, with a huge amount of content having been added, it becomes relevant to people who probably didn't subscribe to the app's page in the first place.
7 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:
Well, apparantly the mods are with me on this one. Look, where the thread is now. Enjoy yourselfs.


It is soooo easy to just not click on the thread in your subscriptions. No one forces you to open them. I even made it really easy by including the word App in the title. It's not like I mislead you here, only to find out that I was talking about something you didn't want to see. I made it clear from the title, and yet you clicked anyway.

I would genuinely appreciate a reply from a mod addressing this, since this app is not standalone (like RftG). It's like asking people to ask questions and post stuff about Mansions of Madness' app in a separate forum.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
It's like asking people to ask questions and post stuff about Mansions of Madness' app in a separate forum.



You can play MoM2nd without the app? surpriseshake
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:
Jjdelanoche wrote:
It's like asking people to ask questions and post stuff about Mansions of Madness' app in a separate forum.



You can play MoM2nd without the app? surpriseshake


You can play IA without HotE or Jabba's Realm, yet people talk about those expansions all the time over on the main IA page and no one complains.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Please keep posting any news related to any form of IA in the main IA news forum. That way even if some short-sightedness and inequalities prevail, at least it will still show up in our subscriptions (which still get triggered even if the thread ultimately gets moved elsewhere).
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
joshaubry wrote:
Please keep posting any news related to any form of IA in the main IA news forum. That way even if some short-sightedness and inequalities prevail, at least it will still show up in our subscriptions (which still get triggered even if the thread ultimately gets moved elsewhere).


So now, even though the thread has been moved, people subscribed to the main IA forum will get the subscription notification?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.