Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks,

I'm new to this game, just received and played a few sessions yesterday.

Despite being a simple game, nevertheless some questions came on...As usual your knowledge and wisdom will be appreciated:

1-How many cards can you play for maneuvering? Are you limited to only one (which your opponent can react to), or you can play multiple action cards as to maneuver on the enemy plane?

2-This situation happened yesterday at a session: A British DH Mosquito was facing a German Me-410 Hornisse (an 'insect' air to air combat)!...The Mosquito finished his turn tailing the Hornisse, and realizing the latter has a gunner the last action card it played was 'EVASIVE'...Here is the question: How many bursts a gunner should use to attack a tailing/advantaged enemy craft? I looked at book rules and did not find anything about it, just an example of another German plane (BF-110C) which also as a gunner and opened fire with 1 burst 'ON MY SIGHTS' card...What I did was to play two 1 burst cards, one to counter the Mosquito 'EVASIVE' card and the other one which inflicted 2 hits on the pursuing Mosquito!

3-An F4U Corsair was tailing a Zeke...It opened fire with 3 bursts for 2 hits, the Zeke played an 'EVASIVE' card which removed those 2 hits...Then the Corsair played another 3 bursts cards and the Zeke could not react, and was shot down! My question: Those bursts are calculated per action, or by whole attack? Like my example: If the Corsair allowed the Zeke to play 'EVASIVE' and remove those 2 hits, could that Corsair initiate another action and attack with 'ON MY SIGHT' card for 3 hits? I assume it was correct, but just need to know whether it was correct or not.

The learning curve is unforgiving, even with a simple game! But simple does not mean bad, DiFAH is superb game with lots of options and very entertaining, specially when time is a precious commodity for people like me with a job I love, a family I love even more, and 2 cats which demand more attention than anyone else! Just kidding about the cats, fellows!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jumval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan WI
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jumval wrote:

1-How many cards can you play for maneuvering? Are you limited to only one (which your opponent can react to), or you can play multiple action cards as to maneuver on the enemy plane?

You can play as many maneuvers as you want / have available.

Quote:
2-This situation happened yesterday at a session: A British DH Mosquito was facing a German Me-410 Hornisse (an 'insect' air to air combat)!...The Mosquito finished his turn tailing the Hornisse, and realizing the latter has a gunner the last action card it played was 'EVASIVE'...Here is the question: How many bursts a gunner should use to attack a tailing/advantaged enemy craft? I looked at book rules and did not find anything about it, just an example of another German plane (BF-110C) which also as a gunner and opened fire with 1 burst 'ON MY SIGHTS' card...What I did was to play two 1 burst cards, one to counter the Mosquito 'EVASIVE' card and the other one which inflicted 2 hits on the pursuing Mosquito!

The number of bursts the gunner has available is listed on the card. The "Hornisse" has "1 Gunner." That means the gunner has 1 burst available. The P-61 "Black Widow" has "2 Gunner." So that gunner has 2 bursts available.

Quote:
3-An F4U Corsair was tailing a Zeke...It opened fire with 3 bursts for 2 hits, the Zeke played an 'EVASIVE' card which removed those 2 hits...Then the Corsair played another 3 bursts cards and the Zeke could not react, and was shot down! My question: Those bursts are calculated per action, or by whole attack? Like my example: If the Corsair allowed the Zeke to play 'EVASIVE' and remove those 2 hits, could that Corsair initiate another action and attack with 'ON MY SIGHT' card for 3 hits? I assume it was correct, but just need to know whether it was correct or not.

The Corsair should have started with 4 bursts before it attacked. 1 on the card, 1 for advantage, and 2 for tailing. It spends them in that order. A 3 burst attack leaves it with 1 tailing burst left. The first 3 bursts are spent and can't be reused for another attack during the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the explanation, my friend!

As for wrapping up, would like to know whether I understood correctly or not, so let's keep going with my former example:

At the end of the British player turn, his/her DH Mosquito is tailing the Me-410 Hornisse...It's the Me-410 turn and after drawing cards equal to HP and assuming both planes are at same altitude, the Me-410 opens fire with the 1 inherent burst available to the gunner, by playing either In My Sights or Out Of The Sun card with 1 burst...Then it plays one or more manuevering cards and now the Me-410 is tailing the Mosquito...

In this case I assume the Me-410 can open fire with a maximum of 3 bursts due to tailing...I do not have the Me-410 card with me but I do believe this plane has no inherent bursts other than gunner...

Once again, thanks for your help and support!

Regards,

Jumval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.