Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

You can report them right from the listing as counterfeit, which I did.

I would bet eBay is extremely unlikely to do anything more than remove listings though, when what they should do is terminate the seller's account.

Another example: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

The description text is hilarious: "English rules, inside package
please notice, the card size is not 100% same as original. it's 88mmX63mm"

These are sponsored items, so besides the usual fees they are paying eBay for these listings.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Perrault

Greendale
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
Come on come on come on come on TOUCH ME BABE can't you see that I am not afraid
Avatar
mbmbmb
I took a look and you can find a few others by searching "english version board game"

They also say ship bay e packet

Looks like suchi go, jaipur, sabatour and secret hitler
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Qualm wrote:

I would bet eBay is extremely unlikely to do anything more than remove listings though, when what they should do is terminate the seller's account.



you would lose that bet.

Counterfeiter accounts get banned, but only after due process and review. Countereffs never go away, but business becomes more expensive for them to continue.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The strange gong is sushi go is so cheap to begin with why bother?!?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
The strange gong is sushi go is so cheap to begin with why bother?!?


The fake version is cooked, so you know it’s not real.
18 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Winfrey
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, you're overreacting. Read the listing! Everything is fine regarding excellent famous game Jaipur.

Quote:
Attention ! ! !
You have found some feedback shows some tokens are wrong. We destroyed all the products once we found it!!! Now everything is all right. Amazing!!!


I don't know what more you people need.
29 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
Avatar
mbmbmb
These seem quite clearly to be knockoffs. I can’t imagimd people buying them expecting the official.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Shay
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"You won't be regret"
Definitely from Asmodee marketing department arrrh
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They also have copies of Condottierefor like 8 bucks with shipping. I'm curious if anyone has ever purchased these and can comment on the level of quality compared to regular legit Editions.

I have shamefully considered buying just see but it DOES feel wrong to do that. Although with Condottiere it is out of print and said to not come back so I would consider in that instance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yatescory wrote:
Although with Condottiere it is out of print and said to not come back so I would consider in that instance.

I'm surprised that the counterfeiters haven't latched on to some of the OOP "grail" games.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yatescory wrote:
They also have copies of Condottierefor like 8 bucks with shipping. I'm curious if anyone has ever purchased these and can comment on the level of quality compared to regular legit Editions.

I have shamefully considered buying just see but it DOES feel wrong to do that. Although with Condottiere it is out of print and said to not come back so I would consider in that instance.


Someone mentioned they got one of these copies of Condottiere and the quality was pretty good. Said the cards felt like good, standard poker cards.

I actually agree with you on Condottiere. There is a demand for the game (even if it's small) and FFG has made it pretty clear if its even on their reprint list it's a very low priority. Personally, i don't understand why they don't load it up to DriveThruCars and pod it for people. There are a number of OOP grail card games that might start generating a small amount of 'free' income for companies if they took this route.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rvinyard wrote:
yatescory wrote:
Although with Condottiere it is out of print and said to not come back so I would consider in that instance.

I'm surprised that the counterfeiters haven't latched on to some of the OOP "grail" games.


If they were produced in large quantities via legitimate runs, they would be.

Too expensive otherwise to turn a profit with little "cover" from traditional distribution/visibility.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
VanVeen wrote:
Guys, you're overreacting. Read the listing! Everything is fine regarding excellent famous game Jaipur.

Quote:
Attention ! ! !
You have found some feedback shows some tokens are wrong. We destroyed all the products once we found it!!! Now everything is all right. Amazing!!!


I don't know what more you people need.


You have done thing amazing finding gold quotation!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ad2017 wrote:
VanVeen wrote:
Guys, you're overreacting. Read the listing! Everything is fine regarding excellent famous game Jaipur.

Quote:
Attention ! ! !
You have found some feedback shows some tokens are wrong. We destroyed all the products once we found it!!! Now everything is all right. Amazing!!!


I don't know what more you people need.


You have done thing amazing finding gold quotation!


All your ass-modee are belong to us!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Houle
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
DIE
badge
WESTERN
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This Christmas I was gifted a counterfeit Qwirkle. Cover image was definitely pixelated and there were glaring broken English on back cover.
Also didn't come with draw bag. SHAME
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is on my list, I have been searching high and low for the Porker's variant.

Secret Hitlers Board Game Card Game English Version Party Game & Porker Cards

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...gNiwAAOSw6GJZ8C-L
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Qualm wrote:

Another example: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

The description text is hilarious: "English rules, inside package
please notice, the card size is not 100% same as original. it's 88mmX63mm"

These are sponsored items, so besides the usual fees they are paying eBay for these listings.


I think the real genius here is that he actually compares his knock-off to other knock-offs to point out his superior quality, with a handy list and pictures and everything, now that's just smart marketing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aniceto Pereira
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend buys me games from Singapore. He got me a copy of Condottiere. He always gets me originals (I've got WoTR, Android, Race to the Rhine, and dozens of other games from there), but in this case, he got me a chinese copy of Condottiere. It looks fine, similar to the Fantasy Flight Citadel box (I have Citadels and Colossal Arena, both of which have similar boxes and tokens). The Condottiere cards are not the linen finish of the Citadel cards, but they are the same size.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamin_Jesus wrote:
Qualm wrote:

Another example: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

The description text is hilarious: "English rules, inside package
please notice, the card size is not 100% same as original. it's 88mmX63mm"

These are sponsored items, so besides the usual fees they are paying eBay for these listings.


I think the real genius here is that he actually compares his knock-off to other knock-offs to point out his superior quality, with a handy list and pictures and everything, now that's just smart marketing.


ok, that is funny....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.