Popular Tags: [View All]
AJ
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

Gregor, Mischa, Michael and I will be holding an Intro to 18xx day on February 11th beginning at 12pm. The event will be held at 401 Games at 518 Yonge St (near Wellesley station).

For those of you who haven't heard of 18xx games, they are my absolutely favourite thing to play. The 18xx family encompasses railway themed games involving investment, track laying for railroad income, and stock market manipulation. These are long, economic games with little to no luck. If this sort of thing appeals to you 18xx should definitely be on your radar. For more information, check out these awesome videos and come join us for a game:

Learn 1846 -- A set of 5 video episodes

Please RSVP (https://www.meetup.com/ToBoardGamers/events/247151936/) if you plan to attend so that we can make sure to have enough games, poker chips, etc. on hand. Depending on interest we can get 3-4 games going.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

Apologies to anyone who is getting double posted by this! Wanted to get the word out :-). We are really excited to build a strong 18xx community in Toronto!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
yyz18xx rolls right off the tongue! Keep growing your group so I can come over for an 18xx weekend sometime. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Martin
Canada
Ottawa
Ont.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A pity you aren't doing this Saturday. I'll be in town for the weekend and I could bring Steam Over Holland which is a good streamlined 18xx game that's great for teaching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa A.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess we could go with 6x18xx. Oh no it's starting to look like a MySpace username.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next time I am in Toronto, I will see if I can fit in an 18xx game. I had a pretty good time playing Euros at Snakes and Ladders last visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely let us know when you are in town!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Pearce
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Capable of coming and helping the teaching (and in bringing my allotment of 18XX games to fill ranks with, plus my 2 sets of chips). Just let me know if you want me there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa A.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course we want you there. We will have to apologize for diverting you from the mimico game though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Pearce
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, just got the call from Rick today, right after posting to this. Now I need to make a decision on which to go to...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael K
Canada
flag msg tools
Sorry to bring up an old threat. Any chance there's gonna be another one of these nights planned? I'm from Kitchener and I'm really interested in learning more about and trying the 18xx genre. I'd be willing to drive pretty much anywhere in the GTA or towards London to have the opportunity to learn how to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael - we are definitely planning on doing another one of these (though we haven’t set on a date yet)! Stay tuned and hopefully we’ll meet you at the next one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael K
Canada
flag msg tools
ajsoares wrote:
Michael - we are definitely planning on doing another one of these (though we haven’t set on a date yet)! Stay tuned and hopefully we’ll meet you at the next one!

Sounds great. I just subscribed to this forum to make sure I don't miss any posts regarding potential dates. Looking forward to learning how to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome- look forward to meeting you st some point! In the meantime, Michael has set up an 18GTA guild for prople to connect about potential 18xx games in Toronto. We’ll def be posting about future events there as well!

18GTA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.