Illimat» Forums » Rules

Subject: Harvesting with a Fool rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
If I play a Fool from my hand to harvest a field containing 2 Fools and a 13/King, can I harvest all three cards?

In other words, can I set the value of a Fool to be 1 or 14 individually for each Fool or must I set the value of a Fool to be 1 or 14 for all Fools?

I presume that the value of any one Fool is flexible, and therefore I could harvest all three cards in my example, but I thought I should check this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper van der Meer
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. Interesting. I'd say yes, and this is why: the only fixed value card is the one you're playing from your hand. From your hand, you're playing a 14. Easy. In the field, you're playing one Fool as a 1(F) to combine with a 13(K) and another one as a 14(F).
Fools are wild in the fields.
Fools from your hand are declared and fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
jaspermeer wrote:
Huh. Interesting. I'd say yes, and this is why: the only fixed value card is the one you're playing from your hand. From your hand, you're playing a 14. Easy. In the field, you're playing one Fool as a 1(F) to combine with a 13(K) and another one as a 14(F).
Fools are wild in the fields.
Fools from your hand are declared and fixed.

Thanks! That's what I figured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Baker
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Your analysis is correct. Any time you interact with any Fool, you set the value and it doesn't have to match other Fools you interact with that turn. So using a Fool (14) to collect a King + Fool (1) is a legitimate move, as is collecting another Fool (14) at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
On a semi-related note, here is another situation that's not addressed by the rules: If a field contains a Fool, 2, 3, 4, and 5, can you harvest all the cards with a 6 (since 2+4=6 and 1+2+3=6 and 1+5=6)? In other words, can cards in the field be used twice when determining what you can harvest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Each card in the field can only be counted once for harvesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Dnasearchr wrote:
No. Each card in the field can only be counted once for harvesting.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.