1 , 2  Next »   | 

Brook City» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Taking you in for questioning........ when is the Kickstarter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alllllllllright buddy. We know you've got info. And we need to get it.

When is the Kickstarter!? And what kinda cash are they sayin' they're gonna need?

Sorry, I had too much fun writing this to just ask a normal question. Any info on when and how much? It's been a crazy KS year and it's not even February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sadler
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

When is the Kickstarter!? And what kinda cash are they sayin' they're gonna need?

Sorry, I had too much fun writing this to just ask a normal question. Any info on when and how much? It's been a crazy KS year and it's not even February.

We are planning on launching the Kickstarter around April. Blacklist wants to make sure Street Masters delivers before launching this one. As for price, we haven't announced yet but you could probably get a good idea by looking at how Street Masters was set up. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey thanks for the info! That timing is actually perfect for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

"I ain't sayin' a word without my lawyer!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Sorenthion wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

We are planning on launching the Kickstarter around April. Blacklist wants to make sure Street Masters delivers before launching this one. As for price, we haven't announced yet but you could probably get a good idea by looking at how Street Masters was set up. Thanks!

Well Street Masters has minis, from what im.seeing and reading on brook city it doesnt seem like it will. If so then itll be MUCH cheaper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen much, admittedly, but I don't see why this wouldn't have minis. I assume it has a board. The box image looks like a box that would have minis.
Edit: I see on Gabe Fulton's action card that you can "move up to two spaces". I'm betting on minis. Nobody likes standees
Edit 2: The Vehicle Card says "move your figure".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorenthion wrote:
Blacklist wants to make sure Street Masters delivers before launching this one.

I can't explain how much I appreciate this practice. It's really refreshing to see a team fully commit to finishing a project before jumping on to the next big thing.

I'm excited for Street Masters to arrive and I really appreciate that you're giving us some time to get familiar with the quality of your last work before the next game is launched. Doubly so since Blacklist is relatively new and the company could probably use the additional revenue sooner rather than later.

Keep up the good work, boys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sadler
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
duomaxwell007 wrote:
Sorenthion wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

Well Street Masters has minis, from what im.seeing and reading on brook city it doesnt seem like it will. If so then itll be MUCH cheaper

“Brook City is a cooperative miniatures board game of blockbuster action for 1–4 cops.” (pulled from the BGG description text)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who has time to read though? I got my info looking at pretty pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Well in that case this will cost 250 like SM did lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Street Masters was about $109 for the whole core game+expansion setup, plus some variable number of character add ons. $250 isn't unreasonable, but I also have no need for crossover content or cameos. I'll plan on $150 and see where it goes from there.

Edit: ACTUALLY, I did the math on the page and it looks like all in was about $224. BUT, this included 3 sets of optional duplicate minis for painting. If you got everything that wasn't a duplicate it was $179, or $169 without the "Utility Pack" which I would skip. That's really fair and totally typical of a minis game. You seem to have a personal bone to pick here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I paid 169$ for Street Masters and that include all characters add-ons but no duplicates. I only have no additional acessory pack too but yeah i have everything you need gameplay wise for 169$ without shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
duomaxwell007 wrote:

Street Masters cost $90 for the base game. Even if you bought both big-box expansions and the 2 mini expansions that actually added gameplay, it was $170. Where are you getting $250 from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came to that same conclusion myself. That guy seems to have a personal issue with the project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pricing hasn't been finalized yet, but it will most likely be fairly similar to Street Masters.

The games play differently enough, but the product model will be similar.

The plan is to have a reasonable pledge level but additional add-ons and expansions for those interested in the additional content. But of course the overall goal is to pack as much value into the base level as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a great model! My group is excited just from the description. I can't really think of any blockbuster cop games, and only a few decent police type games in general. We're in on this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
strayknife wrote:
Pricing hasn't been finalized yet, but it will most likely be fairly similar to Street Masters.

The games play differently enough, but the product model will be similar.

The plan is to have a reasonable pledge level but additional add-ons and expansions for those interested in the additional content. But of course the overall goal is to pack as much value into the base level as possible.

Please tell me that Genesis the 'Smooth Criminal' is planned as a stretch goal. Preferably the first one so we can reach it this time.

Also... any plans on crossover content with Street Masters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cleverley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctorBandage wrote:
Also... any plans on crossover content with Street Masters?

They'd be mad not to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
DoctorBandage wrote:
duomaxwell007 wrote:

Street Masters cost $90 for the base game. Even if you bought both big-box expansions and the 2 mini expansions that actually added gameplay, it was $170. Where are you getting $250 from?

Everything except the duplicate minis packs plus enough dice (utility?) Packs so each player has their own dice, and enough bases to base EVERY mini w/o having to unbase minis youre not using to base the ones you ARE using.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
Looks like Street Masters was about $109 for the whole core game+expansion setup, plus some variable number of character add ons. $250 isn't unreasonable, but I also have no need for crossover content or cameos. I'll plan on $150 and see where it goes from there.

Edit: ACTUALLY, I did the math on the page and it looks like all in was about $224. BUT, this included 3 sets of optional duplicate minis for painting. If you got everything that wasn't a duplicate it was $179, or $169 without the "Utility Pack" which I would skip. That's really fair and totally typical of a minis game. You seem to have a personal bone to pick here.

How do i have a bone to.pick? Compared to most KSes 250 is cheap so thats hardly a bad thing lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
duomaxwell007 wrote:
DoctorBandage wrote:
duomaxwell007 wrote:

Everything except the duplicate minis packs plus enough dice (utility?) Packs so each player has their own dice, and enough bases to base EVERY mini w/o having to unbase minis youre not using to base the ones you ARE using.

Yeah, I suppose that does it... but isn't that something crazy like 8 utility packs to reach 250? I remember they mentioned how many utility packs you'd need to base absolutely everything, I but I don't remember it being as high as 8 packs.

Edit: It actually was something crazy high. 6 extra utility packs beyond the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Well if not 250 then 225
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just went and looked it up in another thread. It was 6 utility packs to base absolutely everything. So $230 sounds right.

Its your money and you can spend it how you want, but $60 for plastic rings seems like too much when you can do the same thing with $15 in paint or $5 worth of colored sharpies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
DoctorBandage wrote:
I just went and looked it up in another thread. It was 6 utility packs to base absolutely everything. So $230 sounds right.

Its your money and you can spend it how you want, but $60 for plastic rings seems like too much when you can do the same thing with $15 in paint or $5 worth of colored sharpies.

With my painting/drawing abilitu... nope id make it worse lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nonsense! Anyone can paint! Have more faith in yourself!

No matter what your skill level, a painted mini is always better than an unpainted one. Anything is better than dull, gray plastic. Give it a try, I bet you'll surprise yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.