Popular Tags: [View All]
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played our first game last night and loved it! I played River Surges in Sunlight and she played as some lightning bird thing. We won, but I have some questions.

1.) I'm not sure I understand how wash away or massive flooding work. I think the icon is push 3 (explorer)/(town). Does this mean push 3 explorers or 1 town? Push a combination of 3 explorers and towns? Push 3 explorers or 3 towns? And if I can push 3, I must push 3 correct?

2.) My wife's spirit can make 2 of my powers fast. Can this be used on my innate power?

3.) When a card says damage every invader on that space, this means each explorer and town and city on that space right (as opposed to just explorers)? I guess it seemed weird to call a building an invader, so wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance! Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sisada Ransibrahmanakul
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkapi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) 'upto' 3 of any combination of explorers and towns.
2) yes. it's fire bird spirit. it say 'power'.
3) yes. each white token is invaders. this is also fire spirit power, need other damage to finish off town and city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my copy of the game in front of me, but do Wash Away or Massive Flooding say "up to" on them? If not, the FAQ says:

Quote:
Must Gather/Push effects which don't say "up to" move exactly that many things? Eg: Does Fields Choked with Growth move exactly 3 Dahan?

Yes, if possible. If a card gives a number of pieces to move, you must move that number if you can, or as many as possible if there aren't enough of those pieces there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
I don't have my copy of the game in front of me, but do Wash Away or Massive Flooding say "up to" on them?
Wash Away says "up to", but Massive Flooding does not. (But you can skip its effect entirely.)

I think the question was more about the meaning of the slash there. This has come up a few times, I'm trying to formulate a good FAQ answer to reflect the good answers above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
I don't have my copy of the game in front of me, but do Wash Away or Massive Flooding say "up to" on them?
Wash Away says "up to", but Massive Flooding does not. (But you can skip its effect entirely.)

I think the question was more about the meaning of the slash there. This has come up a few times, I'm trying to formulate a good FAQ answer to reflect the good answers above.

Thank you for chiming in here. It's appreciated.

The question of Up To seems to have popped up semi-frequently recently. It's also great that you mentioned skipping effects, as I think many people do not realize that you can play a card just for the icons and skip the text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
It's also great that you mentioned skipping effects, as I think many people do not realize that you can play a card just for the icons and skip the text.
Massive Flooding is an innate, not a card, but you can skip activating it just the same way, as you say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses!

dthurston wrote:
locusshifter wrote:

When you say "But you can skip its effect entirely", do you mean choose to not activate the innate power? It seems this would be the same as activating the power and then not playing the text since you don't gain elements from using innate power, is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sumanye wrote:
Thanks for the responses!

dthurston wrote:
locusshifter wrote:

When you say "But you can skip its effect entirely", do you mean choose to not activate the innate power? It seems this would be the same as activating the power and then not playing the text since you don't gain elements from using innate power, is that correct?

Quote:
If you can’t or don’t want to use a Power you’ve played – perhaps the board situation has changed – you’re allowed to skip its effects entirely, as if it had a blank text-box. If it was a Power Card, you don’t get your Energy back, but you do get to use the Elements granted by the card.

Similarly, when resolving a Power with thresholds, you may act as if you have fewer Elements than you really do, to avoid hitting thresholds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus S
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cmabr002 wrote:
Quote:
Similarly, when resolving a Power with thresholds, you may act as if you have fewer Elements than you really do, to avoid hitting thresholds.

What if it is an innate power with 3 levels/thresholds, can you choose to activate the 1st and 3rd level, and not perform the second? Or just activate the 3rd and not the 1st or 2nd?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CarcuS wrote:
cmabr002 wrote:
Quote:

What if it is an innate power with 3 levels/thresholds, can you choose to activate the 1st and 3rd level, and not perform the second? Or just activate the 3rd and not the 1st or 2nd?

Assuming that these thresholds all pertain the the same elements and just having more of them (which most are, but not all), then no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
When you activate a power, you may choose any subset of the elements you have and then use the power as if you only have that set of elements. You may not change this subset midway through using the power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
I added a FAQ on the meaning of the slash. I hope it clarifies things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Mc
msg tools
In the faq it describes the slash as either or both.
Im referencing innate power, creepers tear into mortar where 1 damage to 1 town/ city. Is this 1 damage to either 1 town or 1 city ? or is it 1 damage to both ? Is the key word here that im missing "each" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:
Quote:
Similarly, "1 Damage to each [Town]/[City]" means "1 Damage to each piece that is either a Town or a City".

For Creepers Tear into Mortar that reads as "1 Damage to 1 piece that is either a Town or a City"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Mc
msg tools
thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.