Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Clank!: The Mummy's Curse» Forums » General

Subject: 40 Dungeon Deck Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I had been hoping for factions but that doesn't sound like enough cards. We will see.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Churchill
United Kingdom
Holland on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Having to avoid a wandering Mummy sounds like a cool idea
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric R
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if this means that we'll (finally) have to start sorting out the Sunken- expansion cards from the deck before a game. Since I added them into my base game, I've never even considered pulling them out (do they even have an expansion icon on them, similar to other games -- Magic:tG, Star Realms, etc.?)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EricsHead wrote:
I wonder if this means that we'll (finally) have to start sorting out the Sunken- expansion cards from the deck before a game. Since I added them into my base game, I've never even considered pulling them out (do they even have an expansion icon on them, similar to other games -- Magic:tG, Star Realms, etc.?)

I don't sort them out since they all have some use (although some benefits are reduced) with the main board.
The cards do have an expansion mark. They show a wave as a watermark in the text boxes of the cards.
Hopefully there will be no need to sort them out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric R
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
The cards do have an expansion mark. They show a wave as a watermark in the text boxes of the cards.
Hopefully there will be no need to sort them out.


Wow, thanks! I'd never noticed the watermark, even when I was just checking the cards again on BGG. And yes, I agree that with the exception of those cards which specifically refer to flooded rooms, everything else is probably very playable on any board.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JoeyNine
United States
Tinton Falls
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only cards you have to remove from the deck if not playing a Sunken Treasures map are Mermaids and Mermaid Shrines. All other cards can stay in the deck and not feel underpowered.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Lozano
France
Saint-Etienne
flag msg tools
Trying to find time to paint...
badge
...but translating all day long !
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
joeynine wrote:
The only cards you have to remove from the deck if not playing a Sunken Treasures map are Mermaids and Mermaid Shrines. All other cards can stay in the deck and not feel underpowered.


And also the Goldfish
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JoeyNine
United States
Tinton Falls
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol yes. I don't even think about it because it isn't shuffled in with the rest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I questioned Renegade on this on Twitter and Instagram (I was impatient) and they replied to both questions saying that you would have to use the decks separately (i.e sort them out). I think this is due to the new mummy mechanic and how it moves about (if you had the ST cards in there it might dilute it too much?). Anyways they suggested just playing with everything then depending which board you play with taking out the inappropriate cards when they came out in the dungeon row.

So essentially you can play:

Base Board with Base Cards
Base Board with Base Cards + Sunken Treasure Cards (as they all have an appropriate effect)

Sunken Treasure Board with Base Cards + Sunken Treasure Cards

Curse Board with Base Cards + Curse Cards

Either way its going to be a bit of a pain. You either separate them and have to sort through them at the start/end of each game, or you mix them all together and discard the "wrong" ones - meaning you then end up with a pile of them which would need to be very well shuffled in.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things its not exactly a huge problem, and (money permitting) I will 100% be buying this.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Seay
msg tools
mbmbmb
I leave all the water cards in except the goldfish because even the mermaid and shrine can be used in the regular game. The mermaid is still good for its movement and skill points, and the shrine is still good for a gold if I remember correctly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
I questioned Renegade on this on Twitter and Instagram (I was impatient) and they replied to both questions saying that you would have to use the decks separately (i.e sort them out). I think this is due to the new mummy mechanic and how it moves about (if you had the ST cards in there it might dilute it too much?). Anyways they suggested just playing with everything then depending which board you play with taking out the inappropriate cards when they came out in the dungeon row.

So essentially you can play:

Base Board with Base Cards
Base Board with Base Cards + Sunken Treasure Cards (as they all have an appropriate effect)

Sunken Treasure Board with Base Cards + Sunken Treasure Cards

Curse Board with Base Cards + Curse Cards

Either way its going to be a bit of a pain. You either separate them and have to sort through them at the start/end of each game, or you mix them all together and discard the "wrong" ones - meaning you then end up with a pile of them which would need to be very well shuffled in.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things its not exactly a huge problem, and (money permitting) I will 100% be buying this.


Yeah that sounds pretty annoying. Makes me wish they'd found a different way to make the expansion cards available in a game (Maybe separate the card rows or something).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That’s too bad but I’ll probably be in the camp where I’ll simply discard those out
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JoeyNine
United States
Tinton Falls
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards that wouldn't work are so few you can just wait for them to show up in the buy row and then set them out of the game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
Either way its going to be a bit of a pain. You either separate them and have to sort through them at the start/end of each game, or you mix them all together and discard the "wrong" ones - meaning you then end up with a pile of them which would need to be very well shuffled in.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things its not exactly a huge problem, and (money permitting) I will 100% be buying this.


I mean, if you sort them out before the game that's even worse because you also have a pile of them, except it's all of them - none of them are still 'well shuffled'. I don't know why you wouldn't just remove them as they come up, seems like 100% the most sensible way.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Croft
United States
Smithfield
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We discard the unuseful sunken treasure cards (as we come across them) already when we play a normal board. So I am perfectly fine with this.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Winnowski
United States
Upper St Clair
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like many of the mummy expansion cards deal with curses so they're less compatible with the other boards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.