Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's great to see that Everything Epic Games listens to the community and changed the enemies stretch goal from an add-on to an included stretch goal. Awesome!

Doing this has required them to remove and change up the stretch goals they previously had. I'm hoping that at some point they add back in the flashback missions that were on the original stretch goals. Though we never had the details of those missions I hope they would be based on Rambo's Special Forces unit code named Baker Team which consisted of eight men and involved some missions they undertook in Vietnam. I'd also hope there is some way the game captures the feeling of getting attached to the people in your squad like I hear the game Ambush does. Here is a list of the people in Rambo's Special Forces unit.

Delmore Barry
Joseph "Joey" Danforth
Manuel "Loco" Ortega
Paul Messner
Delbert Krackhauer
Giuseppe Colletta
Ralph Jorgenson

I think it would be cool if we could get player boards and miniatures for them as well through stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trakes wrote:
It's great to see that Everything Epic Games listens to the community and changed the enemies stretch goal from an add-on to an included stretch goal. Awesome!

Doing this has required them to remove and change up the stretch goals they previously had. I'm hoping that at some point they add back in the flashback missions that were on the original stretch goals. Though we never had the details of those missions I hope they would be based on Rambo's Special Forces unit code named Baker Team which consisted of eight men and involved some missions they undertook in Vietnam. I'd also hope there is some way the game captures the feeling of getting attached to the people in your squad like I hear the game Ambush does. Here is a list of the people in Rambo's Special Forces unit.

Delmore Barry
Joseph "Joey" Danforth
Manuel "Loco" Ortega
Paul Messner
Delbert Krackhauer
Giuseppe Colletta
Ralph Jorgenson

I think it would be cool if we could get player boards and miniatures for them as well through stretch goals.

That's exactly what they were!!!!

However, we had to take all of those extra stretch goals down because they no longer were in the proper order because we moved the miniatures out of there to be in the pledge levels!

We're going to update those graphics again over the course of today

Thanks for your support!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's Bronson & Westmore?

"That's me, that's Danforth and Westmore, Bronson, Ortega, and there's Delmare right in the back. We had to put him in the back because he's so big... if we didn't he'd have taken up the whole picture. Look how big he is.

Delmare's Gone."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceMind wrote:

"That's me, that's Danforth, Westmore, Bronson, Ortega, and at the back is Delmare. He had to stand at the back, or he'd have filled the whole picture."

Argh! I grabbed the names from a list on Wikipedia. Yours is quoted from the movie. Maybe the names on Wikipedia came from the book? I've no idea.I like yours better since I think most people will identity with the movie and the license EEG has is for the movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome idea!

If they wanted to mix worlds and add in a Col. Braddock character that looks as close as possible to Chuck Norris without infringing on copyright... that would be cool as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trakes wrote:
SpaceMind wrote:

"That's me, that's Danforth, Westmore, Bronson, Ortega, and at the back is Delmare. He had to stand at the back, or he'd have filled the whole picture."

Argh! I grabbed the names from a list on Wikipedia. Yours is quoted from the movie. Maybe the names on Wikipedia came from the book? I've no idea.I like yours better since I think most people will identity with the movie and the license EEG has is for the movie.

Here's from the movie as well for the other team members:

"Covey Leader to identify Baker Team:

Rambo, Messner, Ortega, Coletta, Jurgensen, Danforth Berry, Krakauer confirm!

This is Colonel Trautman.

Talk to me, Johnny."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceMind wrote:

Here's from the movie as well for the other team members:

"Troop leader to Raven, talk to me, Johnny.

Troop leader calling the Baker Team:

Rambo, Messner, Ortega, Coletta, Jorgensen, Danforth, Berry, Krakauer.

Confirm."

The scene from the tent. That lists all eight of them. It's funny how both of those moments are so vividly in my head. Great movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So here would be a consolidated list of Baker Team, based on the names provided in the movie:

Berry
Bronson
Coletta
Danforth
Jorgensen
Krakauer
Messner
Ortega
Rambo
Trautman
Westmore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.