Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
If I can't solo it, I don't want it
badge
Beards and boardgames!
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi there.

Just had the big board printed, so I was eagerly working through a new career tonight. It's number 20 for me.

Anyway, thanks to Grey's Events, my Kmdt managed to get himself shot during his refit period. He failed to give a password to a sentry and was gunned down!

This reminded me of my first ever career, my first time playing the game ... Due to rolling 6+6, 1+1, 1, my Kmdt was washed overboard in his 2nd patrol and killed. I have to be honest -- I loved it! Was totally unexpected. That was back in March 2015.

Another more recent career ended with 244,000 tonnes sunk and my captain survived until the end of the game -- the first and only time that has happened! I was thrilled.

I will try to drop photos here of all 3 events as recorded (I keep all my sheets as I'm sure we all do).

I would love to read about any strange, funny, lucky or unlucky events which you have experienced in your various careers! Please share with us.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool the way they played out! Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of years ago while visiting my family I introduced one of my brothers to the Hunters. We played a "multi-player" game together (one of us running a sub each) and on his very first career he managed to encounter - and sink - the largest ship in the game. I don't have the game in front of me but I think it was the carrier HMS Ark Royal? All I know is that it was some ridiculous size and the biggest military ship in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the big board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Webster
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
If I can't solo it, I don't want it
badge
Beards and boardgames!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Files section - it’s a “playmat” for the game. 👍
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.