8 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Steel Interception - Soulsword Colossus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Fonseca
msg tools
Hi Guys,

Let's say I played Steel Interception at the beginning of my turn, at the end of my turn I have to gain a wound, could I still use the ability discribed on the card or is that ability supossed to be played from the hand?

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you already played the card, it is now in play and no longer in your hand. Therefore it is impossible to "discard this card instead" of gaining a wound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can "reveal" a card you have played, but you cannot discard it. Dale is 100% correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Fonseca
msg tools
Re: Steel Interception - Soulsword Colossus + Gritty Scavenger - Rocket Raccoon
Thanks.

Just to confirm, I need to have steel interception in my hand to use its ability
, there is other way, right?

Another similar question, if I have Gritty Scavenger in my hand, could I discard it in order to use its ability?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caribecards wrote:
Thanks.

Just to confirm, I need to have steel interception in my hand to use its ability
, there is other way, right?

Another similar question, if I have Gritty Scavenger in my hand, could I discard it in order to use its ability?

Thanks

Yes, Steel Interception must be in your hand at the time you would gain a wound, otherwise you cannot use it.

With Gritty Scavenger, the ability triggers when you play the card. So you play Gritty Scavenger, then you decide whether you want to discard a card to draw a card. Discarding Steel Interception this way would not allow you to draw extra cards, as it only triggers when discarding it for its wound blocking ability.

However, if you used Gritty Scavenger to discard Angel's Diving Catch that would trigger, because it contains the phrase "When a card effect causes you to discard this card."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Fonseca
msg tools
Thanks Justin,

It's interesting the clarification of Gritty Scavenger, I would have thought that any card could be discarded from hand in order to trigger the ability.

I will check carefully when I need to discard a card.

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caribecards wrote:
Thanks Justin,

It's interesting the clarification of Gritty Scavenger, I would have thought that any card could be discarded from hand in order to trigger the ability.

Regards

Just for clarification, with Gritty Scavenger, discarding any card from your hand will trigger the ability for Gritty Scavenger.

Discarding specifically Steel Interception will still get you the draw from Gritty Scavenger. What it will not do is get you the 2 extra cards from Steel Interception, those cards are only drawn when you discard Steel Interception through its power.

I hope I'm making sense, and not making things more complicated then they need to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Fonseca
msg tools
jhochges wrote:
caribecards wrote:
Thanks Justin,

Regards

Just for clarification, with Gritty Scavenger, discarding any card from your hand will trigger the ability for Gritty Scavenger.

Discarding specifically Steel Interception will still get you the draw from Gritty Scavenger. What it will not do is get you the 2 extra cards from Steel Interception, those cards are only drawn when you discard Steel Interception through its power.

I hope I'm making sense, and not making things more complicated then they need to be.

Thanks for the clarification, it makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls