Subject: When is 3rd Printing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hines
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm afraid the DEFLECTOR Shield is..... Operational!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea if this is going to be printed again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-Olivier Fiset
Canada
flag msg tools
Apparently it's coming back soon™. Asked a couple retailers here in Canada and they're expecting a restock before long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hines
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcofiset wrote:
Apparently it's coming back soon™. Asked a couple retailers here in Canada and they're expecting a restock before long.

Thanks, 3rd time will be the charm for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William B.
United States
California
flag msg tools
So I've been asking around since I too want to buy it.

WEM thinks that it is possible that it got lumped in with this new Alliance deal with Mayfair games and that it should be coming soon.

I contacted Mayfair and was told:

"At this time Barenpark is out of stock and out of print here in the United States. There is no scheduled reprint date available for Barenpark."

I contacted Miniature Market and got:

"We are expecting it back in stock however we are waiting on the reprint but have not heard from the manufacturer when to expect the reprint."

So short answer: no one knows and I wouldn't be holding your breath. I'm hoping when they announce the expansion next week in Nuremburg that someone asks them why they are unable to get it in stock (much less keep it in stock) in North America.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's currently in stock at the Lookout Spiele shop, in German/English. Is there a disadvantage to purchasing this version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
chestond wrote:
It's currently in stock at the Lookout Spiele shop, in German/English. Is there a disadvantage to purchasing this version?

I don’t know what it’s like to the US, but to Aus the shipping is the same cost as the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hines
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a reprint won’t happen anytime soon. Asmodee just bought Mayfair and they have a ton of other games to reprint. Expect them to take years to sort out😢
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Senko
United States
North Ridgeville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to that article about Asmodee taking over Mayfair, it says a shipment is on its way to the U.S. right now. I'll take that with a grain of salt though. Replenishing stock of this game has not been handled very well since the first run sold out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Asmodee own everything in our hobby yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody know if the version on Amazon.de is bilingual? Amazon.de's game pages have a "Main Language(s)" section of technical details, but I've found this to be unreliable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Anybody know if the version on Amazon.de is bilingual? Amazon.de's game pages have a "Main Language(s)" section of technical details, but I've found this to be unreliable.

Even if it’s not, the game components are language independent. I’ve played the Dutch version with no trouble, you’ll just need the English rule book, which is probably in the files section here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
fee_weasel wrote:
Does Asmodee own everything in our hobby yet?

They are on their way to becoming the EA games of the board gaming world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
ketchup61925 wrote:
Looks like a reprint won’t happen anytime soon. Asmodee just bought Mayfair and they have a ton of other games to reprint. Expect them to take years to sort out😢

The game has a reasonably high demand, so we will definitely see a reprint.
The designer, Phil Walker-Harding, might be able to make a move to get it republished sooner than later. Depending on the terms of the contract, it is certainly possible that the sale of Mayfair terminates the conditions of the existing contract and frees him up to shop the game to a different publisher. It's also possible that he could be able to negotiate with Asmodee to push up a reprint date. There's a lot of possibilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegs wrote:
MentatYP wrote:

Even if it’s not, the game components are language independent. I’ve played the Dutch version with no trouble, you’ll just need the English rule book, which is probably in the files section here on BGG.

I had been looking around and thanks to these posts I looked again at Amazon.de. The price there was once again down to near MSRP levels.

And the rules are definitely available in English in the files here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbess42 wrote:
Tegs wrote:
MentatYP wrote:

I had been looking around and thanks to these posts I looked again at Amazon.de. The price there was once again down to near MSRP levels.

Got my copy from Amazon.de yesterday. I can confirm it's a printing with the updated/fixed board and includes English rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron H
United States
Cambridge
MA
flag msg tools
Broth runs deep through our veins.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Hobbess42 wrote:
Tegs wrote:
MentatYP wrote:

Got my copy from Amazon.de yesterday. I can confirm it's a printing with the updated/fixed board and includes English rules.

I've ordered 2 copies from Amazon.de. One of them was the updated printing and had both English and German rules, and one was the old printing which was German only. Oddly enough, the more recent order was the one that contained the old printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Hobbess42 wrote:
Tegs wrote:
MentatYP wrote:

How long did your copy take to arrive from Germany? Mine shows dispatched on the 5th, estimated delivery on the 20th. Granted I am in California, but hoping I won't need to make a .de lost package report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbess42 wrote:
MentatYP wrote:

How long did your copy take to arrive from Germany? Mine shows dispatched on the 5th, estimated delivery on the 20th. Granted I am in California, but hoping I won't need to make a .de lost package report.

Dispatched February 19, delivered March 3. Don't worry--it takes a while for the courier to swim across the Atlantic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine last week from amazon.de. German only rules with the misprint on the board. Win some, lose some. Printed out the board fix on a decal and printed out English rules. Good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.