Rising Sun» Forums » General

Subject: Is anyone planning on getting rid of their cardboard components? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are, I'd take them. I've been thinking about experimenting with higher player counts and could use the extra Mandates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's weird. I will obviously never use the cardboard components, why would I when I have better components to use? But the idea of just getting rid of game components seems... Wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
brisingre wrote:
If you are, I'd take them. I've been thinking about experimenting with higher player counts and could use the extra Mandates.

I have to say, if anyone is going to hash out some 7p+ rules, it's going to involve an expanded amount of mandates per turn, and that means you need more mandates in the pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maebon wrote:
It's weird. I will obviously never use the cardboard components, why would I when I have better components to use? But the idea of just getting rid of game components seems... Wrong.

I've suffered the same indecision on several games I've upgraded. On one hand there's no space in the box for the cardboard stuff, and I hate leaving unused stuff in anyways...but I can't bear to throw it away. So I just take all the pieces, put them in a big bag and put them in my "box o' bits".

So many unused cardboard coins, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, have a box-o-bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dent
United States
Kirksville
Missouri
flag msg tools
You can have mine. Send me a message and we'll work it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keillor
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny story, I put all of my replaced bits into my now empty Splendor box. I upgraded to the Broken Token one there. My wife was coming to join our game night so she went and found the Splendor box to bring with her as it's her favorite game. I never showed her the new box so when she opened Splendor to play it was priceless!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmyreed wrote:
You can have mine. Send me a message and we'll work it out.

Thanks, dude! PM sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pratt
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
I put my cardboard components that were upgraded in my kami/monster pack boxes since those are now empty since all their components fit in the Daimyo box. Might as well save them as backups in case a piece breaks or gets lost or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maebon wrote:

I know what you mean - I was debating whether to even pop them out... but that’s half the fun of a new board game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else want a new home for the left over cardboard bits? I am dead set on playing an 8 player game of this. Send me a note or post here and I will send you one.

Thanks!

After getting the game and unpacking it, it looks like 7 players is the max count without significant changes and additional components. I have everything I need with the plastic upgrades. I do not want any additional cardboard components. Thanks anyway. Game looks fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
brisingre wrote:
I, too, have a box-o-bits.

I use a drawer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone needs the cardboard parts, I won't be keeping mine. Drop a PM and I'll respond back once I see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.