The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 month patrols that cover two years. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John DeWolfe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a question that just occurred to me, apologies if it's been asked already but I couldn't find it; if you're on patrol starting in December and it's a two month patrol due to using a Type IX (or resupply at sea), do you change modifiers for encounters halfway through the patrol, or do you assume the whole thing to be happening with the previous year's modifiers? Am about to leave on a patrol starting in Dec. 1942 and this would change a lot about how I approach those last couple of boxes and whatever I find in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
flag msg tools
Official answer:
Sturmer wrote:
For a Type IX boat, where the patrol technically crosses the year boundary (a December/January patrol, where Jan. is the "P" month) you get to skate by with 1940 modifiers. Close enough for the simpler rule to be appropriate, I felt....so no need to count patrols boxes and split it in half, etc. Just use the starting year for the whole patrol.

However, if you are EXTENDING another month on patrol with any U-boat, and the resupply "P" month is in a new year....you get to use the new year's modifier. Because it is clearly taking place in that new year, if that makes sense.

Greg
Game Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.