Yves Tourigny
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one spot on the income buildings we have seen, so we’ve been playing that only player can place an influence token on a given building. The rules seemed ambiguous on this point (though I may have missed something). Are there buildings with more than one spot? Are we playing correctly? I don’t mind spoilers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srđan Mijatov

Čoka
Serbia
msg tools
No, all buildings have 1 spot, but every player can put one influence token on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keillor
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing that more than 1 person can use them, but so far I'm the only one that has put my influence on any of them in our games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of ambiguous rules in Charterstone, but I don't consider this to be one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keillor
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew I read it somewhere! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves Tourigny
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, but I maintain this is ambiguous because only one spot is printed on the building cards I have seen so far. Are there cards with multiple spots that I’ve yet to unlock? The rules allow for that possibility. The spot is the same shape (influence octagon) as the ones on the Reputation track, which hold one token each (unless I’ve played that wrong also), and the Objective cards (which ostensibly share this rule of 1 per player on each) does NOT have this symbol, which is why I doubted that more than one player could play there.

ETA: I know now that each only has one spot — the question above was rhetorical/historical
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves Tourigny
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me hasten to add that I think the game is a masterpiece, and that I’m being nit picky for the sake of future generations of players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bonnie Doiron
Canada
London
Ontario (ON)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You stack the tokens on top of one another, that's how we've done it! But only one per player on any given income building

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stacking the tokens is the way to go. There just isn't room on the buildings to have a spot for each player's influence token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves Tourigny
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Removing the spot for the influence token (or making it 50% larger or smaller) might help reduce ambiguity. It’s the difference between the reputation track (one spot = one token), the objective cards (no spot = one token per player) and the income buildings (one spot = one token per player) that is causing the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Rules take precedence over iconography. Since the rules are simple and clear on this issue, I'm not seeing the complaint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srđan Mijatov

Čoka
Serbia
msg tools
Yves Tourigny wrote:
Removing the spot for the influence token (or making it 50% larger or smaller) might help reduce ambiguity. It’s the difference between the reputation track (one spot = one token), the objective cards (no spot = one token per player) and the income buildings (one spot = one token per player) that is causing the issue.
Yes that graphical representation of the slot on the building is a bit confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Helton
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On a side note also regarding income buildings... does earning VPs via income trigger the +1 VP assistant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris: It would trigger the Longshoreman if the benefit from the income building is a reputation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Kooheji
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OH NO! We've been playing this wrong...

Curses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.