Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I have scoured these forums and the bootcamp for the answer to this...it is probably obvious.

If I have a US cover marker with 3 squads in it and one of them throws a grenade at a German cover marker with 3 enemy squads in it does the following happen:

1) Squad US1 throws a grenade at the Germans in cover.
2) Squads GER1, GER2 and GER3 all throw grenades back at the Americans in cover.
3) Squads US2 and US3 throw grenades back at the Germans in cover.

This gives a total of 6 grenades lobbed between the two cover locations with everyone who has received a grenade attack counter attacking where possible.

If a staff officer then commanded another unit in the same cover marker to lob more grenades would the party start again with 6 more being lobbed backwards and forwards?

It basically boils down to the fact that if you are in a cover marker and attacking a cover marker, everybody occupying both cover markers will get a shot at throwing a grenade assuming they have a printed VOF! Likewise if you are a lone squad in the open attacking a cover marker with 3 enemies in, you'll get 3 grenades attempts back for your 1.

Is this interpretation correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denis sauzedde
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got that case once (with no that many units though: 3 vs 1) and that's the way I played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Quintero
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If possible pin those enemy squads before you toss them some pineapples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.