Subject: Preview images of the Boards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric R
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see these listed anywhere else yet, but Renegade posted both sides of the game board on Instagram today!

I love how the second side of the board is played on the diagonal. I'm very excited for this release!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one who finds it inconvenient that I have to pick which version of Clank I play when it comes to expansions, instead of just piling every together and enjoying the whole thing.

And I know it's absurd, because I enjoy another deck-builder -- Trains -- where you switch between boards all the time.
But for some reason, it bugs me with Clank. Maybe because I see it as a Thunderstone-ish dungeon crawler, and it just isn't that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
Am I the only one who finds it inconvenient that I have to pick which version of Clank I play when it comes to expansions, instead of just piling every together and enjoying the whole thing.

And I know it's absurd, because I enjoy another deck-builder -- Trains -- where you switch between boards all the time.
But for some reason, it bugs me with Clank. Maybe because I see it as a Thunderstone-ish dungeon crawler, and it just isn't that.

I've seen people keeping the base game and Sunken Treasures decks combined regardless of playing base or expansion, and just discarding cards that aren't applicable as they come up if playing the base game. Could probably do something similar with this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Scholtanus
Netherlands
Beek (gem Montferland)
flag msg tools
My base game board is tucked away inside the expansion box somewhere in my closet. I only play with the expansion board. However, with this next expansion, I will probably remove the insert from the main box and try to fit everything inside the one box (everything is sleeved so far).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At first glance, this looks far more approachable than the space version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renegade Games
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
weishaupt wrote:

I've seen people keeping the base game and Sunken Treasures decks combined regardless of playing base or expansion, and just discarding cards that aren't applicable as they come up if playing the base game. Could probably do something similar with this expansion.

Yeah, that is what we recommend just discarding the card that are not applicable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:

Hi Mark

Clank in Space is definitely more complicated than normal Clank but both are decent games and I like them for different reasons. Have you played either?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
To those in whom the will has turned and has denied itself, this our world, which is so real, with all its suns and milky-ways — is nothing. [A.Schopenhauer]
mbmbmbmbmb

I am glad that they resume the expansions for Clank! Such a great game. I was sad to see Clank in Space as a standalone game and wondered if it meant that the base game was abandoned after a retheme about a year after its release.

Great job Renegade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:

Ive played both, clank in space is much better imho.

You dont need to store lots of boards / change the boards for one, just change up the 3 double sided sections that come in the base box.

Each to their own !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Champagne
United States
Mobile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:

The problem is that Clank! is an Ascension-style game. As you add expansions, the deck becomes less and less manageable. With more than one expansion, there is considerable danger that the deck will fall over, particularly if you use sleeves.

[Edit:] a random dungeon board selector app would be nice, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petteri Heino
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I hope this is better than Clank! in Space. It was too long game for what the game is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dlthorpe wrote:
MrMT wrote:

Hi Mark :)

Clank in Space is definitely more complicated than normal Clank but both are decent games and I like them for different reasons. Have you played either?

Nope! I would like to try some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Mutanto wrote:
I hope this is better than Clank! in Space. It was too long game for what the game is.

Each to their own, I find clank in space to be surprisingly deep, with far more meaningful decisions about when to do things and what to aim for relative to other people. To me it also feels like the adventure deck is far more consistent than clank's dungeon deck. I love both games though, and will definitely be picking up this expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Petrou
msg tools
I would love a bigger box and maybe some deck thinning cards in this expansion? Please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:

Exactly what I'm doing.
Works just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JorduSpeaks wrote:
weishaupt wrote:

The problem is that Clank! is an Ascension-style game. As you add expansions, the deck becomes less and less manageable. With more than one expansion, there is considerable danger that the deck will fall over, particularly if you use sleeves.

[Edit:] a random dungeon board selector app would be nice, though.

You could get around this by having a mechanic/cards that cull the market to effectively 'mill' the dungeon deck to find the cards you want? A bit like in Star Realms where some card ability allows to you destroy a card in the market and gain a benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Champagne
United States
Mobile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant physically unmanageable. In sleeves, the deck can barely support its own girth without collapsing as is.

If you're talking about the deck just becoming difficult to use and too random, though, I should point out that in this game, the market doesn't refill until the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.