Empires of the Void II» Forums » General

Subject: A Sci-Fi Space Game That Really Hits the Mark rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Gerlicher
United States
California
flag msg tools
Congrats to Ryan and RR team. I couldn't be happier with this game. For what it is, there could have been a lot of hype/fluff, etc. that bogs the game down. Instead, subtlety and nuance pervade, but the fun and excitement are not absent.

As a fledgling game designer, there is a lot for me to learn from EOTV2.

PROS: Almost everything.
CONS: First time setup can be overwhelming. After playing it though, subsequent setups are less daunting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Billman
msg tools
I feel exactly the same way. First setup and first game are a bit of a task but once you have a feel for it the game gets very smooth very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AirB0urn3 wrote:
Congrats to Ryan and RR team. I couldn't be happier with this game. For what it is, there could have been a lot of hype/fluff, etc. that bogs the game down. Instead, subtlety and nuance pervade, but the fun and excitement are not absent.

As a fledgling game designer, there is a lot for me to learn from EOTV2.

PROS: Almost everything.
CONS: First time setup can be overwhelming. After playing it though, subsequent setups are less daunting.

Thank you! I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the game.

Yeah, that first setup can certainly take some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.