Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I laughed when I was flipping through the sale and saw that.

First Class for $20 is a steal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb

Whoah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://madmimi.com/p/c5769b?fe=1&pact=2358938-143758438-912...

A Feast for Odin - $54.99
http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/a_feast_for_odin...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping without the $125 Free is about $20. If i had the $125 and could find the games i'm looking for I would seriously consider this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ouch, this has fallen far

texascpa wrote:

First Class for $20 is a steal.

Hot dam it is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Barasona
United States
Snoqualmie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, for $9.99 I’d definitely try it. Too bad I need to spend $115 more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LaBlanc
United States
Pleasant Hill
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
I design & print board game inserts @ speedymeeple.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance this is the edition with metal coins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmo Flynno
United States
Croydon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember the people rushing to get in line to pick this up at Gen Con 2016. Sold out in Minutes. People were angry if they didn't get a copy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think there's enough good items in the sale that one could get to $125 easily. It seems like their shipping costs and lack of a hold system causes a lot of people to pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lo
United States
West Memphis
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By this rate it's gonna be free next year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stridix wrote:
By this rate it's gonna be free next year

I’m gonna wait until they pay me to take it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most expensive metal coins I have ever pre-ordered.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered it. We played it. I would not pay $10 for it. At about $5 it might be worth it for the bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Stein
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sold out now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Barth
msg tools
mbmbmb
Someone saying they wouldn't pay $10 for it is pretty brutal ha.

So having no experience playing this game-

what is the overall problems with the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McAnulty
United States
Gallipolis
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
butchy21 wrote:

Personally, I think it is misapplied expectations. Specifically it is very swingy as a game, and that can derail the mood of some.

However, my family has really enjoyed it. Its not as good as Charterstone, or Pandemic Legacy, but we went into it just to see how the story would play out, and have not been dissapointed. Admittedly, we're avid RPGers as well as Board Gamers, and after the first few sessions, we got into as a story, pushing hard to unlock the next reveal, rather than worrying about who is ahead point-wise or no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McAnulty
United States
Gallipolis
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also add that I would most certainly be willing to pick up another copy for $10 in order to play with a different group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
butchy21 wrote:

As the person who said it, here's some bullet points:

- The game itself is a race to X points. The game ends at the end of the round when someone hits the victory condition. That would be fine, except as a legacy game, it means most of what you did that game is worthless unless you're the winner (points and bonuses stack over games). This is particularly a big deal when you're working on 4 or 5 point project in a race to 10 points and instead of landing the points, someone rolls their way from 4 points to 12 in one turn.

- The function of the game is boring. You can either pick up and deliver or you can roll dice. There's very little in the way of strategic development as the game opens up. You're still just doing one of those two things at the end of the campaign. Attacking other players is also made so brutally bad for the attack with so little to gain that it almost never makes sense. So you just roll some exploration dice or pick up some more cubes.

soblue - There isn't much in the way of a catch up over the campaign, so if you fall behind by more than 10-15% of the leader's score, you can tuck in to suck fumes for the next dozen games until it's over.

soblue - There is exactly one cool legacy element to the entire campaign. Most of the time you just get to open stuff that just introduces more of the same you've already been doing.

soblue - Until the end. The ending to the game jumps the shark in an astounding way. Nothing about the game play or narrative sets you up for the end. It's like you're eating your least favorite ice cream flavor only to discover the bottom of the cup is full of ball bearings rather than candy or cookies.

- Graphically the game is dull. You don't even have a cool map at the end you can mount put up on the wall like with the other legacy games.

If you want a legacy game, go get any of the others. If you want a game about boats, go get one of the good pirate or wargames. If you want a mouth full of ball bearings coated in melted dog poop ice cream, then waste $10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
If you want a mouth full of ball bearings coated in melted dog poop ice cream, then waste $10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Barth
msg tools
mbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
butchy21 wrote:

As the person who said it, here's some bullet points:

- The game itself is a race to X points. The game ends at the end of the round when someone hits the victory condition. That would be fine, except as a legacy game, it means most of what you did that game is worthless unless you're the winner (points and bonuses stack over games). This is particularly a big deal when you're working on 4 or 5 point project in a race to 10 points and instead of landing the points, someone rolls their way from 4 points to 12 in one turn.

- The function of the game is boring. You can either pick up and deliver or you can roll dice. There's very little in the way of strategic development as the game opens up. You're still just doing one of those two things at the end of the campaign. Attacking other players is also made so brutally bad for the attack with so little to gain that it almost never makes sense. So you just roll some exploration dice or pick up some more cubes.

soblue - There isn't much in the way of a catch up over the campaign, so if you fall behind by more than 10-15% of the leader's score, you can tuck in to suck fumes for the next dozen games until it's over.

soblue - There is exactly one cool legacy element to the entire campaign. Most of the time you just get to open stuff that just introduces more of the same you've already been doing.

soblue - Until the end. The ending to the game jumps the shark in an astounding way. Nothing about the game play or narrative sets you up for the end. It's like you're eating your least favorite ice cream flavor only to discover the bottom of the cup is full of ball bearings rather than candy or cookies.

- Graphically the game is dull. You don't even have a cool map at the end you can mount put up on the wall like with the other legacy games.

If you want a legacy game, go get any of the others. If you want a game about boats, go get one of the good pirate or wargames. If you want a mouth full of ball bearings coated in melted dog poop ice cream, then waste $10.

Thank you for going into such detail! You have persuaded me to make my first legacy game to be.... a good one laugh

I was interested at first in SeaFall due to the low price of entry but it is hard enough to get a group of people to play together, yet alone the same group over an entire campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Leamons
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fear The Fin
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played Seafall, but I do observe that it's retained a respectable 6.7 rating in spite of everything bad I've heard about it. There are a lot of good games that don't have a 6.7 rating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I suppose mission accomplished for Cardhaus. Sold out at that price. I feel dumb for picking this up for $40, back when it was going for $60 or more... wha wha...

still can't get anyone to play and its still in shrink. Good to know I could get $10 for it though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.