Subject: Confused about what happens after overwhelmed penalty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John D.
United States
flag msg tools
Sola Fide.
badge
Remembering the men of the USS Frank E. Evans.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably missing something in the rule book but, after watching a couple of videos and checking the forums, we still aren't sure what happens after a player is overwhelmed (takes on mobs past the point of one's kiai). We know to burn a barricade, but then what happens to that samurai? Does he reduce or reset his points in the combat line? Is he out for the remainder of the round (which makes the most sense but, in a two-player game, would make the rest of the round boring for both players)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On their next turn if they are still overwhelmed (with creative use of abilities it is possible to become un-overwhelmed) they are forced to pass. And yes this can be really bad, but that adds a level of strategy of not taking big risks early on but it is ok later (when being overwhelmed doesn't leave a huge deck for everyone else to deal with alone). I also would say Samurai Spirit is better the closer you are to the full 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D.
United States
flag msg tools
Sola Fide.
badge
Remembering the men of the USS Frank E. Evans.
mbmbmbmbmb
littlechandler wrote:
On their next turn if they are still overwhelmed (with creative use of abilities it is possible to become un-overwhelmed) they are forced to pass. And yes this can be really bad, but that adds a level of strategy of not taking big risks early on but it is ok later (when being overwhelmed doesn't leave a huge deck for everyone else to deal with alone). I also would say Samurai Spirit is better the closer you are to the full 7.

Thanks for the reply; I really appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
And just a reminder: the Bandit's Penalty (if any) still applies on the player's next turn before they are forced to Pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.