Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Sparks
United States
Crosby
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I am getting ready to start a campaign with 3 players this weekend. To be able to play all the characters would it be possible to play 2 characters per person so we get to play the starting 6? I searched around the forums and couldn't find a concrete answer. Any help or recommendations for a 3 player campaign is greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pearson
msg tools
You get only 4 character attack decks, and one monster attack deck. So 5 is possible with an app to control the monster deck. You could also sleeve and proxy additional decks.

Personally the game is really fun at 2-3 characters so if I were you I would play 3 classes until retirement and then make adjustments to the party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll have plenty to do with one character each. Why double up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Johnson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Each scenario is designed for maximum 4 characters .

You could each create 2 characters and have 6 total in the party, and then alternate which ones you take on each scenario of course. It would slow down retirement progression but otherwise should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If you really wanted to do this, I'd recommend you each control two characters, but not at the same time. So like, if you had a Cragheart and a Mindthief, you'd pick to bring one or the other into the next scenario.

This would require a bit of upkeep in between rounds when you switch, especially later on when your attack modifier decks are more personalized, but it's not a huge deal.

You could not play all six simultaneously in a scenario without some substantial house ruling and printing/sleeving. I wouldn't try this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sparks
United States
Crosby
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for clearing this up. I was thinking it's 4 people with up to 6 characters. If you choose 3 starters is there anyway to play with the other 3 starters that weren't picked? Or am I over thinking it and just need to play and enjoy this beast?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
sparksWTD wrote:
over thinking it and just need to play and enjoy this beast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Over the course of the game you will slowly change characters. When you do change character you can pick from either a new unlocked character or one of the original starting characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sparks
United States
Crosby
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Perfect! I'm assuming the new unlocked characters will be "buffed up" compared to the starting 6 characters? So why choose an into character when you can start off "buffed"?! Thanks for everyone's opinions, can't wait to get playing! Got everything organized and I feel pretty good about the rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Kar
msg tools
sparksWTD wrote:
Perfect! I'm assuming the new unlocked characters will be "buffed up" compared to the starting 6 characters? So why choose an into character when you can start off "buffed"?! Thanks for everyone's opinions, can't wait to get playing! Got everything organized and I feel pretty good about the rules!

The starting characters aren't any weaker than the unlocked characters, they're just (theoretically) simpler. As you retire more characters and increase the city's prosperity, all your characters will start more powerful, whether they're a class you unlocked or one of the starting group. Our group has two players (out of the four) who are considering staying within the starting 6 rather than the class they unlock, simply because they're interested in the mechanics of the Scoundrel and Cragheart. Not to mention, many of the road events and city events in the starting deck seem to be geared toward the starting characters. In that way, playing through the starting 6 could be more optimal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sparks
United States
Crosby
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks A Kar, that's very helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.